ubl-dev message

Subject: Which message format to use?

Hi all,

I'm a SAP XI development consultant working at the Ministry of Finance (in
particular, the IT-department of the Tax and Customs Office) in the
Netherlands.
Like many other firms, we're planning to use the exchange of electronic
messages in the business process of purchasing. Specifically, we plan (at
least initially) to send purchase orders to the vendors and get invoices
back.
Now the question of which message format to use pops up.
We're using SAP Idocs internally, but are looking for a generic format to
communicate with the outside world.
I've been looking on internet, and I've found several standards (cXML,
xCBL, OAGIS BOD's, UBL(!), ebXML), that seem to provide these formats.
They all claim to be the 'best' solution.
So where am I left?

Does anyone have any thoughts on choosing between them?

All possible arguments are welcome (and not only those in favor of UBL
;-)).

Thank you for your votes.

Fred Verheul

De Belastingdienst gebruikt e-mail niet voor de uitwisseling van vertrouwelijke informatie met de burger of voor de bekendmaking van beslissingen. De Belastingdienst hanteert conventies voor het gebruik van e-mail. Deze zijn te vinden op www.belastingdienst.nl.