ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: SV: [ubl-dev] UBL Basics.. try "Productivity"....

Hi Ken,

We simply have different perspectives because we are working in
different environments.

On to the next comment...

G. Ken Holman wrote:

> But, if vendors call the XML they produce "UBL" and it isn't "UBL"
> then there will be users who won't understand the nuances and won't
> see why their UBL doesn't work with other people's UBL, and they will
> blame UBL for not working and may not think to blame the vendors who
> don't conform.
If you publish "UBL" as an open standard to be implemented around the
world, it's only inevitable that it will be localised and adapted to
particular use scenarios in certain places. It's going to end up
slightly different in different industries, yes or no?

You have to concede that UBL is quite complex and can't just "be
implemented wholus bolus" within an SME, just like that. The bar is set
very high, whether intentionally or not.

Anyway, I think your assertions are quite bogus in regards to blame.
Simply because you already have your exit strategy in place.

If anything goes wrong for a client, you simply respond with "oh but
that isn't really UBL"... and then procede to ask for money to set the
record straight for them. The client will end up confused, only after
you have confused them.

So that's chaos theory for today... life and technology will move on
regardless...

Take care

David