ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] How big can the invoice number field be?

Jon,

There is the difference between theory and practice.

Alot faster and easier to use jCAM to do it - no coding required - you don't need to know xslt or schematron - just point your UBL sample XML instance at the Eclipse editor tool - click down to the element you want to check in the structure viewer, click add rule - pick setlength() -  type length range - 1-25 or whatever number you need, Save template - done.

And it will even generate user friendly HTML documentation right out of the box - no extra work needed.

Conceptually the xsd / xslt / schematron approach equates to CAM - but why do three things when you can do just one?!?

Time for UBL to start gaining the advantages that the CAM standard offers...

DW