ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] How big can the invoice number field be?

Andrew and Tom,

This introduces a concept that XSD does not support - contextual validation.

What you really need is a template that says:

if (trading_partner="XYZ") then - apply these rules.

Amazingly CAM templates support these notions and allow you to build reference templates to describe the usage patterns that you need.

So as Stephen was noting - creating UBL-for-EDIFACT - template that applies formatting rules consistent with EDI POs et al.

Here's some samples from the current Emergency Management hospital facilities reporting so you can see just what CAM template can offer in terms of building the implementation model, the documentation and end user reporting.

This could easily be adapted to UBL - to show EDIFACT formatting compatiblity rules - the documentation and a sample UN form output too...

Cheers, DW