ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: FW: FW: [ubl-dev] looking for practical examples

Hi Stephen,

I did a search for "ubl xml" in google:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ubl+xml&btnG=Search

and just found a whole bunch of static pages. Most disturbing was
httP://ubl.xml.org which looks like it was setup a number of years ago
and there is zero activity in the forums, and no information that
isn't already on the http://docs.oasis-open.org pages. Particularly I
found it hard to find examples of usage, particular for the Catalogue.
I would expect to at least finds blog posts or forum discussions about
peoples experiences with UBL. I found none.

I didn't see any results from the mailing list in that search. Given
that I've been on here for two weeks and this is the only discussion
going on (perhaps there is a more active list I'm not aware of?), in
my estimate there isn't much life in the UBL community, at least
online anyway.

I guess the trouble with mail list is they aren't very SEO friendly
and require a commitment (i.e. the signup process and willingness to
receive large amounts of mail most irrelevant to the individual who
will have a particular topic of interest within the larger community).
Online forums and RSS have reversed this community model from push to
pull.

alex

--
SKYPE: awhillas