ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: FW: FW: [ubl-dev] looking for practical examples

At 2009-02-19 12:32 +0100, Alexander Whillas wrote:
>Most disturbing was
>httP://ubl.xml.org which looks like it was setup a number of years ago
>and there is zero activity in the forums,

As Editorial Board Chairman I ensured the top of the UBL.xml.org
Forums page had this disclaimer regarding questions and discussions:

   http://ubl.xml.org/forum
   Developer mail list - UBL-Dev
   The UBL-Dev mail list is the long-established public forum for
   posting questions and discussing implementation and real-world
   use of the Universal Business Language. The Archives go back to
   December 2003. The OASIS Mail List Manager is where one
   administers the OASIS mail lists associated with an email
   address. The UBL.XML.org Editorial Board looks forward to your
   contributions to UBL-Dev.

... so that visitors would not expect to find threaded discussions on
UBL.xml.org.

>and no information that
>isn't already on the http://docs.oasis-open.org pages.

Because UBL.xml.org is a community forum and the UBL repository is a
committee forum.  So far it has been mostly committee members who
have been posting the availability of resources, and most of those
resources are found in the UBL repository.

I've been asking UBL users about contributions to UBL.xml.org and I'm
usually getting citations of privacy and competitive advantage (and
being too busy!) as reasons for not taking the time to share their
work with UBL.

>Particularly I
>found it hard to find examples of usage, particular for the Catalogue.

It is the responsibility of the community to support a community forum.

>I would expect to at least finds blog posts or forum discussions about
>peoples experiences with UBL.

As has the entire editorial board of UBL.xml.org.

--
Upcoming hands-on  XQuery, XSLT, UBL & code list training classes:
Brussels, BE 2009-03;  Prague, CZ 2009-03, http://www.xmlprague.cz