ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] UBL XSD to Java code generation and compilation

At 2009-02-26 18:32 +1100, Yeu-Wen Mak wrote:
>Has anyone encountered out-of-memory errors when trying to compile
>java classes that are generated from XSD2EJB tools such as one we
>are using from Oracle JDeveloper in a contract-first development approach?
>
>Because the UBL XSDs are so nested, resulting in hundreds of java
>helper classes being generated, the compilation fails even with a
>4GB RAM windows machine we are using for development.

Be aware some models are very large when fully expanded with all
parent/child relationships being realized.

The XPath files found here:

   http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/submissions/XPath-files/

enumerate all of the hierarchical in-context elements and attributes
for each of the models, not including the infinite recursion of
self-referencing objects.  These reports stop at the first detection
of a loop in the hierarchy.

My recollection is there are over 800,000 elements and attributes in
a fully-expanded model of just the Order document.

>Anyone has found ways to get around it, beside flatening out the
>entire XSD model tree into a single generic string type?

Can you deal with your XML as SAX events instead of pre-compiled Java
classes?  There is a very small memory footprint for accessing any
XML document using SAX events:

   http://www.saxproject.org/

I hope this helps.

--