ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 13 May 2009

From: Jon Bosak <bosak@pinax.com>
To: UBL TC <ubl@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Fri May 15 16:34:30 2009
Subject: [ubl] Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 13 May 2009

    Tim McGrath (vice chair)
    Andy Schoka

STANDING ITEMS

    Additions to the calendar:
       http://ubl.xml.org/events

       None.

    Review of Pacific call minutes

       No comments except as noted below.

       SGTG issue: UDT module.  See Pacific minutes and

       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200905/msg00002.html
       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200905/msg00003.html

       See further today (5/13):

       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200905/msg00007.html
       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200905/msg00008.html
       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200905/msg00009.html
       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200905/msg00010.html
       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200905/msg00011.html
       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200905/msg00012.html
       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200905/msg00013.html
       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200905/msg00014.html

       Discussion: We note that while there is no requirement that
       we include all supplementary components in the UDT (UBL NDR
       DOC3), in fact we have real-world stakeholder use cases that
       require a UDT with more supplementary components than are
       provided in any of the current versions (our own or
       UN/CEFACT's).

       We further note that the latest version of the CC library
       (D08B) does contain all the supplementary components for
       each CCTS 2.01 core component type, but that the associated
       UDT schema does not.  In order to support all users, the
       missing supplementary components will need to be included in
       the common base UDT.

       AGREED that after confirming that the latest D08B UDT is
       still missing some of the CCTS 2.01 supplementary
       components, GKH will create a version of the UN/CEFACT UDT
       schema module containing the full set of supplementary
       components specified in Table 8-2 of CCTS 2.01, "Approved
       Core Component Type Content and Supplementary Components,"
       to serve as the basis for the UDT schema module in UBL 2.1.

SCHEDULE REVIEW

    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200905/msg00005.html

    ACTION: TM to review the draft schedule and email corrections
    to JB for revision next week.

    UN/CEFACT Convergence (TM): Following the plan that UN/CEFACT
    has produced, the next step is the inclusion of UBL requirements
    in TBG data modeling.  According to the ICG report at the April
    UN/CEFACT Forum meeting in Rome, it has been agreed that
    changes needed to support UN/CEFACT code lists will be included
    in the OASIS Genericode 2.0 standard and that UN/CEFACT code
    lists will be migrated to Genericode:

    http://www.uncefactforum.org/ICG/Documents/ICG%20Home/ICG_Report_20090424.pdf

UBL 2.0 NDR IMPLEMENTATION GUIDE

    ACTION (4/1): JB to request OASIS to start up a wiki.

       Pending.

2009 TC MEETING SCHEDULE

    17-21 August 2009 in Montréal, colocated with Balisage the
    previous week.

    Note in the revised schedule (see above) a placeholder for a
    possible Jan/Feb 2010 meeting in Rome per suggestion made at
    the end of the closing plenary last month.

    TM: CORRECTION: the proposal is to hold the meeting at ENEA
    facilities in Brussels (not Rome).

    ACTION: TM to include this in his review of the draft schedule.

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

       Week of 18 May 2009: Regular schedule
       Week of 25 May 2009: Regular schedule
       Week of 01 Jun 2009: Regular schedule