ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] UBL Order

At 2009-07-02 09:32 -0400, Marzka, Jeremy wrote:
>I am currently working on mapping trading partner order requests to
>a UBL order and have a couple questions.

All questions are very welcome, Jeremy.  I hope UBL-Dev participants
do not hold back.

Different volunteers have different perspectives on UBL and can help
in different areas.  I cannot help you much on the business side, but
I have a comment below regarding identifiers.

>Where would you recommend that I map the following?
>1. FOB code and description (FOB Origin, FOB Destination...)
>2. Ship Method (Air Freight, Motor Freight, Customer Pickup...)
>3. Carrier Code (FedEx Priority, UPS 3-Day, UPS Ground...)
>
>I also am confused by the different parties. Am I correct in
>assuming that I can map the following?
>
>Sold To -> Buyer Customer Party
>Bill To -> Accounting Customer Party
>Ship To -> Delivery

I see that Roberto has answered the above questions regarding
business entities.

>Our trading partners pass us a DUNS number (Dun & Bradstreet) that
>uniquely identifies them. Where should I map this? To the Buyer
>Customer Party -> Party > Party Identification > ID?

Yes, I would have used that, and I see Roberto endorses it as a
general method of identification.

But I wanted to say it would help to identify the identification
method since many identification methods might produce similar
identifiers.  I think perhaps something like the following would be
unambiguous and acceptable:

   <cac:BusyerCustomerParty>
     <cac:Party>
       <cac:PartyIdentification>
         <cbc:ID schemeURI="http://www.dnb.com/US/duns_update/";>12345</cbc:ID>
       </cac:PartyIdentification>

>Sorry if these questions are unclear I am relatively new to this.

Thank you for asking them!

--
Possible July/August XSLT/XQuery/XSL-FO training in Oakland/CA/USA
Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/u/