ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Request for Quotation and Order error responses

At 2009-07-14 09:24 -0400, Marzka, Jeremy wrote:
>What is the recommended way to handle errors processing Request for
>Quotation and Order error responses?

Again, don't call the below "recommended", but this is what I found
looking in the model.  And I now see that Stephen has already
suggested the use of ApplicationResponse.

>For example how could I respond to a trading partner that the item
>they sent on a Request for Quotation is invalid (ex: We only allow
>stocked items over B2B)?

   <ar:ApplicationResponse>
     <cbc:ID>234</cbc:ID>
     <cbc:Note>We only allow stocked items over B2B</cbc:Note>
     <cac:SenderParty>
     </cac:SenderParty>
     <cac:ReceiverParty>
     </cac:ReceiverParty>
     <cac:DocumentResponse>
       <cac:Response>
         <cbc:ReferenceID>Stocking</cbc:Reference>
         <cbc:Description>Stocking problem</cbc:Description>
       </cac:Response>
       <cac:DocumentReference>
       </cac:DocumentReference>
       <cac:LineResponse>
         <cac:LineReference>
           <cbc:LineID>123</cbc:LineID>
           <cbc:LineStatusCode>Cancelled</cbc:LineStatusCode>
         </cac:LineReference>
         <cac:Response>
           <cbc:ReferenceID>123</cbc:ReferenceID>
           <cbc:Description>Out of stock</cbc:Description>
         </cac:Response>
       </cac:LineResponse>
     </cac:DocumentResponse>
   </ar:ApplicationResponse>

>How could I respond to a trading partner that the specified
>CustomerAssignedAccountID under the BuyerParty on an Order is invalid?

   <ar:ApplicationResponse>
     <cbc:ID>234</cbc:ID>
     <cbc:Note>We only allow stocked items over B2B</cbc:Note>
     <cac:SenderParty>
     </cac:SenderParty>
     <cac:ReceiverParty>
     </cac:ReceiverParty>
     <cac:DocumentResponse>
       <cac:Response>
         <cbc:ReferenceID>CustomerAssignedAccountID</cbc:Reference>
         <cbc:Description>Invalid account identifier</cbc:Description>
       </cac:Response>
       <cac:DocumentReference>
       </cac:DocumentReference>
     </cac:DocumentResponse>
   </ar:ApplicationResponse>

>I have read on this forum that I should use OrderResponseSimple for
>any processing errors but what if 1 out of 10 lines have an error?
>Is there anywhere to specify a message like "Non-stocked item" at
>the line level?

I would think that OrderResponse would be what you would use:

   <or:OrderResponse>
     <cac:OrderLine>
       <cbc:Note>Non-stocked item</cbc:Note>
       <cac:LineItem>
         <cbc:ID>123</cbc:ID>
         <cbc:Quantity>5</cbc:Quantity>
         <cac:Item>
           <cbc:Description>Gizmo</cbc:Description>
         </cac:Item>
       </cac:LineItem>
       <cac:SellerSubstitutedLineItem>
         <cbc:ID>123</cbc:ID>
         <cbc:Quantity>0</cbc:Quantity>
         <cac:Item>
           <cbc:Description>Gizmo</cbc:Description>
         </cac:Item>
       </cac:SellerSubstitutedLineItem>
     </cac:OrderLine>
   </or:OrderResponse>

I hope this helps.  And I hope it solicits critiques from other list members.

--
XSLT/XQuery/XSL-FO hands-on training - Oakland, CA, USA 2009-08-03
Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/u/