ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Representation of a measurement as a fraction

i think the important point is that the numerics carried in these
documents are used not generally used for arithmetic.  when someone
orders 1/3 of an inch of something or 5/16 of a pint these are
effectively  text (ie presentation).  I am not sure I have seen a case
in EDI or UBL for actually knowing that 1/4 is really the same as 0.25
or that 1/3 is a bit more than 1.333 or for knowing two times 1/6 is 1/3
etc...

Perhaps we need a use case for the problem statement?

begin:vcard
fn:Tim McGrath
n:McGrath;Tim
org:Document Engineering Services Ltd.