ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Collection Invoice

Hello,

I am not sure I understood your requirement so I provide you a question
and an answer:

Question: Do you intend the following CollectiveInvoice case ?

in which any number of single invoices addressed to the same payer are
listed.
Each collective invoice has a unique collective invoice number. The system
transfers this collective invoice number into the billing and accounting
documents that belong to the collective invoice. In this way, the single
invoices are assigned to the collective invoice.
A billing or accounting document is not created for the collective invoice
itself. (source: SAP)

Answer:

From the above description it appears the CollectiveInvoice has a number
but it is not an Invoice itself, thus is not an accounting document but
just a binder.

The fact that the Payer is the same for a CollectiveInvoice binder I think
do not simplify so much the document exchange because the receiver is
usually the Debtor/Customer/Payer.

UBL documents are designed to promote a collaborative document exchange
between partners within a business process and even in the whole Financial
Supply Chain.

It means the Invoice document is required to be reconciled with purchase
orders and payments.

Collecting invoices into a single file is more an enveloping task, but
from the business point of view it is better to deal with single business
documents in a document-centric system.

These days, with the automation of Business processes it is preferred to
deal with single documents.

Moreover by handling a single document partners are enabled to provide
simpler aknowledges.
---

By the way UBL 2.1 has introduced the "CollaborationID" that can be used
to correlate the document with its process, so you could use the same
CollaborationID for your pool of invoices.

This is my opinion and I hope it helps.

Roberto

--
* JAVEST by Roberto Cisternino
*

  Roberto Cisternino

  mobile: +39 328 2148123 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              +39
328 2148123      end_of_the_skype_highlighting
  skype:  roberto.cisternino.ubl-itlsc

[UBL Technical Committee]
    http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ubl

[UBL Online Community]