ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Electronic or "soft" delivery of items in an order

Hello David,
first of all as you are dealing with precise instances of a given item (such as a License Key) I would suggest you to make use of the ItemInstance information aggregate available inside the more generic Item.

Another hint for electronic purchases is the use of the cbc:CustomerReference (A supplementary reference for the Order) that is meant to specify for example a "CRI" in a purchasing card transaction.

For your specific questions:

* Indicate that a line item is to be delivered electronically *
  a) you could specialize the DeliveryAddress using the AddressTypeCode according your own scheme as the following example:

     <cac:DeliveryAddress>
       <cbc:ID>email@myown.com</cbc:ID>
       <cbc:AddressTypeCode schemeID="myown">EMAIL</cbc:AddressTypeCode>
     </cac:DeliveryAddress>

  b) if your document is all about electronic transactions you could use a specific ProfileID (an URI) to identify this particular situation.

* Indicate that an item 'was delivered' electronically

  Here you can specify the actual date of delivery and the electronic means will be implicit as per the above explanations.

---
Please wait other comments as there could be further hints from the community.

Best regards

Roberto Cisternino