ubl-dev message

Subject: CreditNotes and credits for AllowanceCharges

All,

I would like to discuss the following case:

(for clarity I  assume tax is 0, because this case is not tax related)

I have a customer that has placed an order with me for 2 items

Item 1 : SalesPrice 30.00 Euro

Item 2 : SalesPrice 50.00 Euro

I am charging this customer 5.95 Euro in shipment charges for this order.

Each time I ship an item to a customer I also create an invoice. And when I create an invoice I also charge the shipment cost of the shipped item up to the maximum of the agreed shipment charge of the order.

I ship this order in 2 shipments on different dates to the customer. First I ship Item 1 and then I ship Item 2.

When I ship Item1 I create an invoice with the following details

INVOICE01:

                AmountPayable: 35.95

                AllowanceCharge

                               Amount: 5.95

                               ReasonCode: Shipment

                Invoice Line 1

                               Item 1

Price:

PriceAmount: 30.00 Euro

When I ship Item 2 I create an invoice with the following details:

INVOICE02:

                AmountPayable: 50.00

                Invoice Line 1

                               Item 2

Price:

PriceAmount: 50 Euro

So now I have invoiced my customer the total order against the total order value of 85.95 Euros

Then the customer decides to return Item 1 (they do not like the color J)

When I receive the goods I create a CreditNote to the customer for the item received. Because they still have retained Item 2 I am not sending them a credit for the shipment costs

(that is only needed when the whole order is returned)

CREDITNOTE03:

                AmountPayable: 30.00

                CreditNote Line 1

                               Item 1

Price:

PriceAmount: 30.00 Euro

In this CreditNote I would like to show the relation of this credit note with INVOICE01. To do that I use the BillingReference\ BillingReferenceLine at CreditNoteLine level to point to InvoiceLine1 of INVOICE01

So the customer still needs to pay 5.95 on INVOICE01 (and ofcourse INVOICE02)

Then the customer decides to return Item2 also.

When I receive the goods I also create a CreditNote to the customer for the item received. Because the customer has send the whole order back I should also credit the shipment cost that was charged on INVOICE01

So the creditnote should look like this:

CREDITNOTE04:

                AmountPayable: 55.95

                AllowanceCharge

                               Amount: 5.95

                               ReasonCode: Shipment

                CreditNote Line 1

                               Item 2

Price:

PriceAmount: 50.00 Euro

Also here I use the BillingReference/BillingReferenceLine to show that the CreditNoteLine1 was originally invoiced via InvoiceLine1 of INVOICE02

Now my big question is:

How do I show that the AllowanceCharge of 5.95 for shipment on this creditnote04 relates to the AllowanceCharge of 5.95 for shipment on INVOICE01??

There is no billing reference underneath the AllowanceCharge so I can not use that.

I could use the BillingReference a “header” level to point to INVOICE01 .. but that is not specific to the AllowanceCharge so how does the customer know?

(and if they use my invoice to automatically link to their accounts payable system how do they know what amount they still need to pay on INVOICE01)

Any pointers or hints is appreciated.

Kees Duvekot