ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] query about Amount.currencyID

At 2019-07-22 09:04 +0000, David Goodenough wrote:
It would appear that I can simply exclude the CCTS-CCT xsd file, as everything that I need in there is redefined in the UnqualifiedDataType xsd file in the proper UBL form.

Well, not quite.

There are unqualified data types that impose no constraints on core component types, and there are supplementary components of core component types that are unchanged by the UDT layer.

For example, without looking at CCTS-CCT you know nothing about the numeric type declared in the UDT module as follows:

  <xsd:complexType name="NumericType">
    <xsd:annotation>
      <xsd:documentation xml:lang="en">
        <ccts:UniqueID>UBLUDT0000014</ccts:UniqueID>
        <ccts:CategoryCode>UDT</ccts:CategoryCode>
        <ccts:DictionaryEntryName>Numeric. Type</ccts:DictionaryEntryName>
        <ccts:VersionID>1.0</ccts:VersionID>
<ccts:Definition>Numeric information that is assigned or is determined by calculation, counting, or sequencing. It does not require a unit of quantity or unit of measure.</ccts:Definition>
        <ccts:RepresentationTermName>Numeric</ccts:RepresentationTermName>
        <ccts:PrimitiveType>string</ccts:PrimitiveType>
      </xsd:documentation>
    </xsd:annotation>
    <xsd:simpleContent>
      <xsd:extension base="ccts-cct:NumericType"/>
    </xsd:simpleContent>
  </xsd:complexType>

I appreciate questions like this being raised publicly so that others can see the answers.

--
Contact info, blog, articles, etc. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/u/ |
Streaming hands-on XSLT/XPath 2 training class @ US$45 (5 hours free) |