ubl-fpsc message

Subject: Documentation structure for next FPSC delivery

Hi folks,

In preparation for Thursday's meeting, I thought I would lay out what I
thought the structure of our 0.8 (and eventual 1.0) deliverable could be
before we actually begin writing any final versions of the document.

I'm assuming that we'll have an fs/ directory as in 0p70 and then we have
control over the rest of the directory structure.  I'm also assuming that
we have to follow the naming guidelines described at
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-csc/200306/msg00016.html which are
based on http://oasis-open.org/spectools/docs/chairs-filenaming-02.html are
supposed to be followed for the individual document names ... though I'm
not sure what to do with the index.html files required for the index file
of each directory.

Eduardo, I've cc'ed you to get your opinion on the applicability of the
OASIS document file naming conventions ... would they apply *only* to the
package name (no dispute there), or *also* on the individual formatting
specification documents that are distributed inside of the package?  It
would make our job easier if they applied solely to the package name.

Lastly, I thought I would break out the implementation information into a
separate reference page for the list of vendors ... this allows us to
update the implementation page without needing to change any of the other
documents in the system.  The implementations page would just link out to
various vendor implementations of which we are aware.

To reduce the number of files, we could take out the spec indexes and just
reference all of the scenario documents from the main index file.  The 0p70
delivery had the spec index files, requiring a lot of clicking to make
one's way to the scenario documents, and after a while I got tired of doing
all that clicking ... but I didn't hear any feedback one way or the other
with the 0p70 structure.  What would you think of taking out those 8 files?

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks!

...................... Ken

Package name: UBL-FPSC-X.XX-Draft-Y.YY.zip

(main)
fs/index.html  (Ken)
fs/implementations.html  (Ken; non-normative)
fs/UBL-FS-CodeList-X.XX.html  (Dan)

(spec indexes)
fs/UBL-FS-Order-X.XX.html                 (Ken for all these)
fs/UBL-FS-OrderCancellation-X.XX.html
fs/UBL-FS-OrderResponse-X.XX.html
fs/UBL-FS-OrderResponseSimple-X.XX.html
fs/UBL-FS-OrderChange-X.XX.html
fs/UBL-FS-DespatchAdvice-X.XX.html
fs/UBL-FS-ReceiptAdvice-X.XX.html
fs/UBL-FS-Invoice-X.XX.html

(office scenario)
fs/UBL-FS-OfficeOrder-X.XX.html           (Steve for all these)
fs/UBL-FS-OfficeOrderResponseSimple-X.XX.html
fs/UBL-FS-OfficeDespatchAdvice-X.XX.html
fs/UBL-FS-OfficeInvoice-X.XX.html

(joinery scenario)
fs/UBL-FS-JoineryOrder-X.XX.html          (???? for all these)
fs/UBL-FS-JoineryOrderResponse-X.XX.html
fs/UBL-FS-JoineryDespatchAdvice-X.XX.html
fs/UBL-FS-JoineryInvoice-X.XX.html

(computer scenario)
fs/UBL-FS-ComputerOrder-X.XX.html         (???? for all these)
fs/UBL-FS-ComputerOrderCancellation-X.XX.html
fs/UBL-FS-ComputerOrderResponse-X.XX.html
fs/UBL-FS-ComputerOrderChange-X.XX.html
fs/UBL-FS-ComputerDespatchAdvice-X.XX.html
fs/UBL-FS-ComputerReceiptAdvice-X.XX.html

(UN layouts)
fs/UBL-FS-UN???Order-X.XX.html            (Jean/Ken for all these)
fs/UBL-FS-UN???OrderCancellation-X.XX.html
fs/UBL-FS-UN???OrderResponse-X.XX.html
fs/UBL-FS-UN???OrderResponseSimple-X.XX.html
fs/UBL-FS-UN???OrderChange-X.XX.html
fs/UBL-FS-UN???DespatchAdvice-X.XX.html
fs/UBL-FS-UN???ReceiptAdvice-X.XX.html
fs/UBL-FS-UN???Invoice-X.XX.html

(samples)
fs/samples/*.pdf     (A4 page dimensions)
fs/samples/*-us.pdf  (US letter dimensions)
fs/samples/*.html    (display only; no forms)

--
Upcoming hands-on courses: in-house corporate training available;
North America public:  XSL-FO Aug 4,2003; XSLT/XPath Aug 12, 2003

G. Ken Holman                mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.         http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/
Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0   +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
ISBN 0-13-065196-6                      Definitive XSLT and XPath
ISBN 0-13-140374-5                              Definitive XSL-FO
ISBN 1-894049-08-X  Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-11-X              Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
Member of the XML Guild of Practitioners:    http://XMLGuild.info
Male Breast Cancer Awareness http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc