Subject: [ubl-lcsc] FW: [ubl-ndrsc] Joint NDR/LC calls Tuesday and Wednesday

For our discussion this AM...

-----Original Message-----
From: Burcham, Bill
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 8:42 AM
To: 'jon.bosak@sun.com'; ubl-ndrsc@lists.oasis-open.org

On the "long tag names" issue I'd like to provide for our discussion this
AM, a chronology I just developed.  I believe that the schema/scripts as
they existed last Thursday are closest to what is needed.  Also, I have
generated HTML documentation of Thursday's schema.  It's 700K zipped so I
won't attach it.  Please message me if you'd like a copy for our discussion.
It makes the type and element reuse apparent -- for instance you can look at
the doc for the "AdditionalStreet" element and see that it's "used by" all
of: AddressDetailsType DeliverToAddressDetailsType
JurisdictionAddressDetailsType RegistrationAddressDetailsType
SendFromAddressDetailsType. (all that reuse went away on Friday).

Here's the chronology:

Wednesday, January 15, 2003 (UBL_Reusable_05.xsd)

Global element declaration for "ID" carries annotation from
TransportEquipmentSeal (this is incorrect -- there should be no
documentation on the global element declaration since there is no
corresponding documentation in the source model -- yet).

<xsd:element name="ID" type="cct:IdentifierType" id="UBL000656">
<xsd:annotation> <xsd:documentation> <ccts:BBIE
dictionaryEntryName="Transport Equipment Seal. Identifier"
definition="identification on a seal on a piece of transport equipment. "
objectClassTerm="Transport Equipment Seal" propertyTerm="Identification"
representationTerm="Identifier"/> </xsd:documentation> </xsd:annotation>
</xsd:element>

The "ref" to this element from TransportEquipmentSeal has a matching (xml)
id (incorrect -- the referring element represents a Basic BIE Property
whereas the target of the reference represents a Basic BIE (not a Property)
-- they are representing two different modeling elements)

The other "refs" to this element have different (xml) id's (correct).

Thursday, January 16, 2003 (UBL_Reusable_05_tim_draft.xsd)

Global element declaration for "ID" no longer carries an annotation
(correct!).  Further, the (xml) id attribute is gone from that element
declaration.  That's probably also correct since we don't model the reused
BBIEPs yet (in the spreadsheets).

For some reason AccountsContact.Identifier defines it's own (without a ref)
id element.  incorrect  This appears to be an abberation -- perhaps the Tim
was experimenting?

All the "refs" to the ID element have different (xml) id values (correct!)

Friday, January 17, 2003 (UBL_Library_0p70_Reusable.xsd)

Long tag names introduced and all sharing of element declarations is
eliminated.  For every (globally declared) element there is exactly one
"ref".

<xsd:element name="TransportEquipmentMeasurementTransportEquipment"
type="TransportEquipmentDetailsType" id="UBL000654"/> These elements carry
the annotation from the BBIEP.