Subject: Re: [ubl-lcsc] ubl 0p70 release - extra index.html file

Just to confirm, it's only the .zip downloadable package that has this
extra file - the link that is accessible directly from the lcsc web page
that allows you immediate browser access to the release heirarchy
starts you out at the right place in the heirarchy, so it works fine.

The 0p70.zip file currently on the web site for download, which I did just
download, does seem to have an extra index.html file at the top level,
which you can see immediately once you unzip it.   This is an *extra*
index.html, a duplicate of the one that's *in* the 0p70 directory, one
level down.
In other words, when you unpack, you see two things at the top level:
an 0p70 directory and an index.html file.  That index.html file is a
duplicate
of the other index.html file in 0p70/index.html.  The latter is in the
correct place.
and seems to work fine (shows all the gifs, etc) because the relative
urls work
because it's in the correct relative location.  It's true that we could
remove
that extra file (the extra one at the same level as 0p70, not the one in
0p70)
but it would require a repackaging, which I don't think is worth the risk,
to tell you the truth.  Much less risky to just document, since it is
not impeding
anyone's progress except possibly to be a bit confusing.

My 2 cents.

I can write up something for the FAQ for this, and, to track it,
can also put a 'comment' in the spreadsheet for it if you like.

-A