Subject: Re: [ubl-ndrsc] Re: [ubl-lcsc] Re: [ubl-ndrsc] ATG Review of UBL Rules

Concur with Jons comments and I apologize if I caused any confusion with the posting.
Mark Crawford
Research Fellow - LMI XML Lead
W3C Advisory Committee, OASIS, RosettaNet Representative
Vice Chair - OASIS UBL TC & Chair Naming and Design Rules Subcommittee
Chair - UN/CEFACT XML Syntax Working Group
Editor - UN/CEFACT Core Components
______
Logistics Management Institute
2000 Corporate Ridge, McLean, VA 22102-7805
(703) 917-7177   Fax (703) 917-7481
Wireless (703) 655-4810
mcrawford@lmi.org
http://www.lmi.org
"Opportunity is what you make of it"

-----Original Message-----
From: jon.bosak@sun.com <jon.bosak@sun.com>
To: ubl-ndrsc@lists.oasis-open.org <ubl-ndrsc@lists.oasis-open.org>; ubl-lcsc@lists.oasis-open.org <ubl-lcsc@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Wed Jun 25 23:13:49 2003

Chee-Kai,

Mark is probably asleep now (he's three time zones ahead of me),
so I'll jump in with a quick response and let him follow up
tomorrow if there's anything further to be said.

| >>	2) Although the decision was made last week for local
| >>         element declarations, remember this was our initial
| >>         decision also.  Further, notice that all local
| >>         elements are in essence being treated as global
| >>         with strict control over uniqueness and naming.
|
| Could you please elaborate on this?
|
| Is "the decision" referring to NDR's decision?

No.  Mark was reporting on a decision by UN/CEFACT ATG2 (and also
pointing out that we had come to the same decision before we had
put an additional year of thought into it).  Mark happens to be
both a co-chair of OASIS UBL NDRSC and also the chair of UN/CEFACT
ATG2, as well as vice chair of the UBL TC, among his other
positions of responsibility, and there are liaisons between the
two groups.  But no decision of ATG2 is in any way binding on UBL.

| Is this a change of the global-element/global-type decision
| from London's outcome?

No, not at all.

Jon

You may leave a Technical Committee at any time by visiting http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl-ndrsc/members/leave_workgroup.php