Subject: Re: [ubl-lcsc] [code] ISO considering charging for commercial use of code lists

Sorry to be the wet blanket here, but UN/ECE publishing the lists
on the internet doesn't necessarily imply UBL will be able to
repackage the information and distribute in UBL's package.

Please see    http://www.unece.org/etrades/uncopyright.htm

where the important applicable section is section 2(a) in
which it is explcitly stated that redistributing or derivative
works are not explicitly permitted unless there are writings
stating otherwise.

Would LSC need to obtain some permission grants from UN/ECE
on this matter?

I could proceed with the UBL-isation of those codes if there's
such writing of permission grants.

Best Regards,
Chin Chee-Kai
SoftML