OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

ubl-ndrsc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]

Subject: [ubl-ndrsc] Agenda for 28 November 2001 UBL NDR meeting

NDR SC portal: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ubl/ndrsc/

We will meet by phone tomorrow, Wednesday, 28 November 2001 at:

   8-10am PT   (GMT -8)
   11am-1pm ET (GMT -5)
   5-7pm Eur   (GMT +1)

Please use the following dial-in information:

   +1 805 240 9673
   participant code 165-412


1. Roll call
    See member list at http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ubl/ndrsc/.
    Mavis Cournane is a new voting member.

2. Acceptance of minutes of previous meetings:

    7 November 2001 meeting:

    14 November 2001 meeting:

    21 November 2001 meeting:

3. Adoption of agenda (please send suggestions *before* meeting)

4. Action item review
    Let's keep this to status/meta-discussion, not "real work".
    Action items that have been done in the last week were removed.

    ACTION: Arofan to create a new use case for instance constraint checking.

    ACTION: Arofan to write the position paper for this for next Wednesday,
    using a small but complete example of needing subtraction/selection and

    ACTION: Dave to create [use case] HTML template for people to use.

    ACTION: Mark to revise the NDR document to reflect editorial
    directions by next meeting, if possible.

    ACTION: Arofan/Sue/Lisa to provide the xCBL naming guidelines (and
    all the other xCBL guidelines!).

    ACTION: Dale to generate a use case where the actor is an implementor
    and needs to create a message with alternate (aliased) tag naming.

    ACTION: Mark to update naming position paper with our suggestions
    (including email suggestions).

    ACTION: Dale to revise 4.1, 4.2, and 4.3 to make them shorter and
    provide a reference to the source whence the information came.

5. Current position paper champions, status, and priorities
    Are any of these incorrect? Are we missing any assignments?

    - Markup naming (A-priority)
    - Design principles
    - Relationship between UBL and UN/CEFACT constructs

    - Choice of schema language (A-priority)

    - TPA

    - Customization (A-priority)

    - Modularization/namespaces/versioning

    - Elements vs. attributes

    - Use cases (not really a position) (A-priority)
    - Local vs. global elements

    - Code (enumerated) lists

6. Use case review
    Invited expert: Maryann Richards

7. Choice of schema language position

8. Markup naming position

9. Finish going through the NDR document outline and assign more champions

10. Next steps

11. Adjourn
Eve Maler                                    +1 781 442 3190
Sun Microsystems XML Technology Center   eve.maler @ sun.com

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]

Powered by eList eXpress LLC