OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

ubl-ndrsc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]

Subject: [ubl-ndrsc] Agenda for 9 January 2002 UBL NDR meeting

PLEASE be prepared to nail down some decisions at this meeting!
PLEASE review the relevant position papers and other input beforehand!
PLEASE do your action items!

NDR SC portal: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ubl/ndrsc/

We will meet by phone on Tuesday, 9 January 2002, at:

   8-10am PT   (GMT -8)
   11am-1pm ET (GMT -5)
   5-7pm Eur   (GMT +1)

Please use the following dial-in information:

   +1 334 832 4208
   participant code 242-630


1. Roll call (till x:05)
    See member list at http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ubl/ndrsc/

2. Acceptance of minutes of previous meeting (till x:06)
    19 December 2001:

3. Adoption of agenda (please send suggestions *before* meeting) (till x:07)

4. Action item review (till x:9)

    ACTION: Mark to update tag structure position paper.

    ACTION: Mark to check with Mike on what the purpose of Section 5.4 is,
    and follow up with editorial changes to the NDR document as necessary.

    ACTION: Sue and Maryann to do some use case brainstorming offline.

    ACTION: Arofan to create a new use case for instance constraint

    ACTION: Dale to work on the legal issues text provided by Arofan and give
    it to Mark for inclusion in the NDR document.

    ACTION: Mark and Eduardo to propose a set of tag naming
    abbreviation rules before January 9.

5. Current position paper champions, status, and priorities (till x:10)

    - We need to give "legal issues" a champion so that something gets
      said about it in the NDR document.  Arofan or Eve?

    - Tag structure (A-priority)
    - Design principles
    - Relationship between UBL and UN/CEFACT constructs
    - Choice of schema language (DONE)
    - TPA
    - Customization (taken over by Context Methodology SC)
    - Modularization/namespaces/versioning (A-priority)
    - Elements vs. attributes
    - Document size and performance considerations (Section 6.1)
    - Use cases (with Maryann) (A-priority)
    - Local vs. global elements
    - Code (enumerated) lists
    - Legal issues

6.  Tag structure position

     Last time we agreed to Option 1: high structure.  We are now
     considering whether to specify fully qualified structured names
     (option 1a) or abbreviated structured names (option 1b), and
     expect a proposal from Mark and Eduardo on this subject.  We
     will also have the following issues to decide:

     - Do we use ebXML/11179-style names (option 1E) or UDEF-style
       names (option 1U)?

     - Do we add attributes to UBL elements that link them to the
       UDEF structured UIDs?

     - Do we use ebXML-style names for aggregate elements and UDEF-style
       names for leaf elements?

7.  Modnamver position

     See Bill's position paper:

     Last time we rejected Options 1 and 2, and we're now considering
     Options 3 and 4.  We realized that some other NDR decisions, such
     as local vs. global names are intertwined with this issue.  See
     Mark's schema dependency flowchart:


8.  Next steps (till y:59)
     - Plans for January 16 meeting
     - Goals for F2F #2 in Menlo Park

9.  Adjourn
Eve Maler                                    +1 781 442 3190
Sun Microsystems XML Technology Center   eve.maler @ sun.com

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]

Powered by eList eXpress LLC