Subject: [ubl-ndrsc] Rule for when to end a meeting prematurely

After what happened today, I thought I should set objective expectations
for future meetings.  I think the 15-minute rule is a pretty good one.  If,
after 15 minutes, we don't have at least two-thirds of our quorum number,
the chair has the option of ending the meeting at that time.  If you know
you're going to be late and haven't already let the chair know about this,
you should at least call in briefly before the 15 minutes are up as a
placeholder so we know to expect you later.

If you disagree or think we need a formal vote on this matter to create a
standing rule, let me know.  Otherwise I'll just use this informally as the
policy.

I hope this will have the effect of encouraging people to join on time,
rather than to let meetings "die"!  We've got a lot of work to do before
March 11, so let's try to make our meetings and email discussions on-point
and productive.

Thanks,

	Eve