Subject: [ubl-ndrsc] FW: UBL NDR Position Paper

Title: FW: UBL NDR Position Paper

Looks like we are getting traction.

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Hopkins [mailto:xosys@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Sunday, May 05, 2002 11:49 PM
To: Jacobs, Michael B
Cc: Mark CRAWFORD
Subject: RE: UBL NDR Position Paper

Geez, it took me some time to answer this, but the answer is yes. I have
been following the UBL NDR's first through Dale's work when I was at
Logicon, now as I can from what's publically availalble from the OASIS site.
I am very please with the direction they are going. Iterestingly enough, the
techniques that the NDR is coming up with answer some sticky questions that
I considered in depth last year and never could come up with an elegant
solution on my own. Now, it seems that the NDR SC has got the XML technical
expertise to do it. I am very excited about the direction they are going,
and have a couple of my developers who are in the process of creating some
Schemas for my customers reviewing the draft papers out there for
incorporation. I will be doing some Schema design work for NSWC on a project
called ATOS here very shortly. Essentially extending the Asset Visibility
Schema I developed for DUSD-L last year to include some environmental data
(hopefully from the METOC namespace). I intend to use the UBL conventions as
closely as I can given their current state. I'll let you know how it goes.

I also hope to update V1.2 of the developer's guide with rules that are
synchronized with the NDR subcomittee.

Brian