Subject: RE: [ubl-ndrsc] New position papers on dates/times and containers hip

Eve:

I will definitely use the new template - I didn't have a copy on my machine,
and couldn't get on the web when I wrote the paper, so I did what I could.

I would be very interested in hearing others' (and especially Gunther's)
comments on how we could adapt the spreadsheet methodology. Tim made it
clear that he would want full control of even the syntax-bound constructsin
the library, so I think your comment about making lists explicit is well
taken.

They way we did this in the xCBL spreadsheet methodology was: (a) for
unnamed constructs like choices - to have lines that were basically empty,
but that indicated the start and end of the group; (b) For named constructs,
we treated them like everything else, and just didn't provide information
where it wasn't relevant. This approach will work, but there may well be a
cleaner mechanism we could adopt.

As for distinctions between semantic and non-semantic constructs, maybe it
will be easier all around if we avoid this argument and simply say "they're
all semantic", as you suggest is possible. We need to provide containers,
semantic or otherwise, and if we're giving control of providing them to
those doing the modelling, then whether we choose to say that they are
semantic or not is sort of academic.

Cheers,

Arofan