Subject: Issues of reporting taxes at line item without any allowances and charges.

My understanding of the requirement is we need to add this as an optional (0..1) ASBIE to both LineItem and InvoiceLine.

I note Wikipedia uses the term 'extended cost' (In accounting, an extended cost is the unit cost multiplied by the number of those items that were purchased.)  So I am proposing that...

ExtendedCost Extended Cost. Details Extended Cost   ABIE An extended cost is the unit cost multiplied by the number of those items.
Amount Extended Cost. Amount Extended Cost 1 BBIE The unit cost multiplied by the number of those items, excluding any Allowance Charges.
TaxTotal Extended Cost. Tax Total Extended Cost 0..n ASBIE The taxes that apply to the extended cost.

In addition, we should add TaxTotal ASBIE to LineItem (0..n) to mirror the structure for InvoiceLine.
begin:vcard
fn:Tim McGrath
n:McGrath;Tim
org:Document Engineering Services