ubl-security message

Subject: Re: [ubl-security] E-archiving UBL documents with external attachments

Hi Pim,
I'd like to add some thoughts and information.
UBL Security main goal has been to write a profile mainly targeted to electronically sign an UBL document.
The solution you propose can give the proof that all the attachment existed at the time the document containing the references and hashes of the attachments was signed. There is no delivery proof, for that you have to implement different solutions.
If your need is to "package" in a single file a set of files there are a number of standard container formats, e.g.:
- OASIS “Open Document Format for Office Applications (OpenDocument) Version 1.2 Part 3: Packages”
- IDPF “OEBPS Container Format (OCF) 1.0”
A new ETSI specification is going to be issued by the end of this year on this.
Also VCD can be an acceptable solution, among the contacts in the list suggested by Roberto, I suggest you contact Piero Milani, Infocamere, that is working on VCD electronic Signature.
For a suitable solution based on PDF in archiving format, a New Work Item has been proposed in ISO/TC 171/SC 2 these days for PDF/A-3 (Document management - Electronic document file format for long-term preservation including embedded files - Part 3: Use of ISO 32000-1(PDF/A-3)) and, if it will receive enough positive votes, it will start in a few months.

Best regards,
Andrea