ubl-tsc message

Subject: Re: [ubl-tsc] Transport vs. transportation revisited

Sorry, yes, I meant "transport" where I said "transit."
I'm kinda scattered today.

Jon

Andrew M Schoka wrote:
Jon,
Your suggestions work for me, maybe as some kind of editiorial note. Of course you meant "transport" not "transit" in the para following however...

Regards,
Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: ubl-tsc@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:ubl-tsc@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Jon Bosak
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2012 1:12 PM
To: UBL TSC

Hello TSC,

I've reviewed the discussions we've had regarding transport vs. transportation, and as far as I can tell, the list of apparently required changes is the same as the one I sent you all on 30 July (reproduced below for your convenience).

However.

It occurs to me that maybe we're not trying hard enough to come up with a defensible reason for using both transit and transportation.  What if we just say that we started using "transportation" in 2.0 but have since concluded that "transit" is to be preferred and that we're now employing it instead for all new names because it's shorter and more commonly used.
The world can straighten it out in 3.0.

Is that just too disorganized?  If we adopt this strategy, the only changes are

    TransportationSegment -> TransportSegment
    TransportationSegmentType -> TransportSegmentType

in the Common Library and

    TransportationSegment -> TransportSegment

in UBL-GoodsItemItinerary-2.1.

Jon

COMMON LIBRARY CHANGES

    TransportationSegment -> TransportSegment
    TransportationSegmentType -> TransportSegmentType

    ResponsibleTransportServiceProviderParty -> ResponsibleTransportationServiceProviderParty
    TransportServiceCode -> TransportationServiceCode
    TransportServiceCodeType -> TransportationServiceCodeType
    TransportServiceDescriptionDocumentReference -> TransportationServiceDescriptionDocumentReference
    TransportServiceDescriptionRequestDocumentReference -> TransportationServiceDescriptionRequestDocumentReference
    TransportServiceProviderParty -> TransportationServiceProviderParty
    TransportServiceProviderRemarks -> TransportationServiceProviderRemarks
    TransportServiceProviderRemarksType -> TransportationServiceProviderRemarksType
    TransportServiceProviderResponseDeadlinePeriod -> TransportationServiceProviderResponseDeadlinePeriod
    TransportServiceProviderSpecialTerms -> TransportationServiceProviderSpecialTerms
    TransportServiceProviderSpecialTermsType -> TransportationServiceProviderSpecialTermsType

DOCUMENT MODEL CHANGES

    UBL-GoodsItemItinerary-2.1

       TransportationSegment -> TransportSegment

    UBL-TransportExecutionPlan-2.1.xsd

       TransportServiceProviderRemarks -> TransportationServiceProviderRemarks
       TransportServiceProviderParty -> TransportationServiceProviderParty
       TransportServiceDescriptionDocumentReference -> TransportationServiceDescriptionDocumentReference
       TransportServiceProviderResponseDeadlinePeriod -> TransportationServiceProviderResponseDeadlinePeriod

    UBL-TransportExecutionPlanRequest-2.1.xsd

       TransportServiceProviderParty -> TransportationServiceProviderParty
       TransportServiceDescriptionDocumentReference -> TransportationServiceDescriptionDocumentReference
       TransportServiceProviderResponseDeadlinePeriod -> TransportationServiceProviderResponseDeadlinePeriod

    UBL-TransportServiceDescription-2.1.xsd -> UBL-TransportationServiceDescription-2.1.xsd *** DOCUMENT NAME CHANGE ***

       TransportServiceDescription -> TransportationServiceDescription
       TransportServiceDescriptionType -> TransportationServiceDescriptionType
       TransportServiceDescriptionRequestDocumentReference -> TransportationServiceDescriptionRequestDocumentReference
       TransportServiceProviderParty -> TransportationServiceProviderParty

    UBL-TransportServiceDescriptionRequest-2.1.xsd -> UBL-TransportationServiceDescriptionRequest-2.1.xsd *** DOCUMENT NAME CHANGE ***

       TransportServiceDescriptionRequest -> TransportationServiceDescriptionRequest
       TransportServiceDescriptionRequestType -> TransportationServiceDescriptionRequestType
       TransportServiceProviderParty -> TransportationServiceProviderParty