ubl-tsc message

Subject: Re: [ubl-tsc] Transport vs. transportation revisited

yes i agree with your suggestion (and andy's update).

On 25/08/12 1:38 AM, Andrew M Schoka wrote:
Jon,
Your suggestions work for me, maybe as some kind of editiorial note. Of course you meant "transport" not "transit" in the para following however...

Regards,
Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: ubl-tsc@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:ubl-tsc@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Jon Bosak
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2012 1:12 PM
To: UBL TSC

Hello TSC,

I've reviewed the discussions we've had regarding transport vs. transportation, and as far as I can tell, the list of apparently required changes is the same as the one I sent you all on 30 July (reproduced below for your convenience).

However.

It occurs to me that maybe we're not trying hard enough to come up with a defensible reason for using both transit and transportation.  What if we just say that we started using "transportation" in 2.0 but have since concluded that "transit" is to be preferred and that we're now employing it instead for all new names because it's shorter and more commonly used.
The world can straighten it out in 3.0.

Is that just too disorganized?  If we adopt this strategy, the only changes are

     TransportationSegment -> TransportSegment
     TransportationSegmentType -> TransportSegmentType

in the Common Library and

     TransportationSegment -> TransportSegment

in UBL-GoodsItemItinerary-2.1.

Jon

COMMON LIBRARY CHANGES

     TransportationSegment -> TransportSegment
     TransportationSegmentType -> TransportSegmentType

     ResponsibleTransportServiceProviderParty -> ResponsibleTransportationServiceProviderParty
     TransportServiceCode -> TransportationServiceCode
     TransportServiceCodeType -> TransportationServiceCodeType
     TransportServiceDescriptionDocumentReference -> TransportationServiceDescriptionDocumentReference
     TransportServiceDescriptionRequestDocumentReference -> TransportationServiceDescriptionRequestDocumentReference
     TransportServiceProviderParty -> TransportationServiceProviderParty
     TransportServiceProviderRemarks -> TransportationServiceProviderRemarks
     TransportServiceProviderRemarksType -> TransportationServiceProviderRemarksType
     TransportServiceProviderResponseDeadlinePeriod -> TransportationServiceProviderResponseDeadlinePeriod
     TransportServiceProviderSpecialTerms -> TransportationServiceProviderSpecialTerms
     TransportServiceProviderSpecialTermsType -> TransportationServiceProviderSpecialTermsType

DOCUMENT MODEL CHANGES

     UBL-GoodsItemItinerary-2.1

        TransportationSegment -> TransportSegment

     UBL-TransportExecutionPlan-2.1.xsd

        TransportServiceProviderRemarks -> TransportationServiceProviderRemarks
        TransportServiceProviderParty -> TransportationServiceProviderParty
        TransportServiceDescriptionDocumentReference -> TransportationServiceDescriptionDocumentReference
        TransportServiceProviderResponseDeadlinePeriod -> TransportationServiceProviderResponseDeadlinePeriod

     UBL-TransportExecutionPlanRequest-2.1.xsd

        TransportServiceProviderParty -> TransportationServiceProviderParty
        TransportServiceDescriptionDocumentReference -> TransportationServiceDescriptionDocumentReference
        TransportServiceProviderResponseDeadlinePeriod -> TransportationServiceProviderResponseDeadlinePeriod

     UBL-TransportServiceDescription-2.1.xsd -> UBL-TransportationServiceDescription-2.1.xsd *** DOCUMENT NAME CHANGE ***

        TransportServiceDescription -> TransportationServiceDescription
        TransportServiceDescriptionType -> TransportationServiceDescriptionType
        TransportServiceDescriptionRequestDocumentReference -> TransportationServiceDescriptionRequestDocumentReference
        TransportServiceProviderParty -> TransportationServiceProviderParty

     UBL-TransportServiceDescriptionRequest-2.1.xsd -> UBL-TransportationServiceDescriptionRequest-2.1.xsd *** DOCUMENT NAME CHANGE ***

        TransportServiceDescriptionRequest -> TransportationServiceDescriptionRequest
        TransportServiceDescriptionRequestType -> TransportationServiceDescriptionRequestType
        TransportServiceProviderParty -> TransportationServiceProviderParty

begin:vcard
fn:Tim McGrath
n:McGrath;Tim
org:Document Engineering Services