ubl message

Subject: UBL Software SC participation request

Hello,

You're invited to participate in the first meetings of the Software
Subcommittee.  Since we are not completely certain how many participants
will attend, nor which geos will be most represented, I'd like to hold
two meetings this week in order to allow both European and PacRim folks
to show their interest, after which we may modify the times and days.

- The first meeting will be held this week directly following the HISC
meeting, this Thursday (US/Euro) / Friday (Asia),
at 9:00PDT / 12:00EDT / 16:00UTC / 1:00 Tokyo
(http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=10&month=6&year=2004&hour=9&min=0&sec=0&p1=224)

- The second meeting will be held this week on Thursday evening (US) /
Friday morning (Euro/Asia),
at 17:00PDT / 20:00EDT / 00:00UTC / 9:00 Tokyo
(http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=10&month=6&year=2004&hour=17&min=0&sec=0&p1=224)

After some reflection and consultation, Stephen and I have come up with
the following suggestions for a list of goals to define the scope of the
subcommittee charter.  These are first pass and will be discussed at the
first meetings:

1. To create UBL schemas from models created by the UBL TC and continue
to evaluate tools for this process.
2. To promote a forum for the sharing of UBL implementation experience,
for feedback to UBL TC and implementors.
3. To document wish list requirements for UBL software based on UBL
user/implementor and UBL TC needs.
4. To develop FAQ (questions/answers from users, troubleshooting).
5. To document basic information on using vanilla UBL.
6. To actively represent UBL goals to software implementors.
7. To maintain UBL tools information on a designated web site.
8. To document UBL use (type of users, types of use, case studies, user
input on best practices, etc.).

The first meetings will focus on agreeing to a charter/scope that can be
sent to the TC for review/approval and on selecting agreeable meeting times.

We do hope to see you at one or the other of these meetings.  If you
cannot make either but want to participate, please let us know by
sending email to Stephen and I and we'll add that input to the meeting
time discussions.  We'll send out email as soon as an alias is
established for the SC.

Thanks very much,

Anne / Stephen