ubl message

Subject: Use of UBL

Hello UBL TC members,

Among the items that must be sent to OASIS when we submit our
final 1.0 Committee Draft for consideration as an OASIS Standard
is the following:

   4. Certification by at least three OASIS member organizations
      that they are successfully using the specification
      consistently with the OASIS IPR Policy

(I sent a copy of the IPR policy in a previous message.)

Sun Microsystems can easily provide one of these certifications --
we've been using UBL to do business in the UK for about six months
now -- but I need at least two other statements from other OASIS
member organizations.  Note the following:

 - The organizations don't have to be members of the UBL TC, just
   members of OASIS.

 - "Successfully using" is a very broad locution that can be
   extended to cover a wide range of uses, including (for example)
   the inclusion of UBL in commercial tools, educational
   materials, government regulations, best practices, etc.

Though we only need three certifications to proceed under the
OASIS process, it would be good to have as many as possible when
UBL goes out for balloting.  I'm hoping that we can get our own CD
reballoting underway before leaving for Copenhagen and then submit
the result to OASIS as soon as possible thereafter, so I'd
appreciate action on this within the next couple of weeks.  Please
send certifications directly to me so that we can tweak the
wording offline if necessary before going public.

Jon