ubl message

Subject: Re: Review and comments of OASIS Universal Business Language (UBL) V1.0

Hello Gunther,

The UBL TC is processing the last of the comments received on the
UBL 1.0 Committee Draft before submitting a revised version to
OASIS.  We agreed earlier to consider your comments of 18 June
even though they came in after the close of the review period, but
in attempting to resolve these issues in today's Atlantic TC call,
we found that we were lacking enough detail to address them
satisfactorily.

We suspect that most of your comments have to do with differences
between UBL 1.0 CD and an old version of the NDR document and that
they are therefore no longer relevant, as noted in a message sent
to you from Tim McGrath 23 June 2004 and archived at

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200406/msg00090.html

However, in the absence of any response from you to the message
from Tim, we cannot be certain that these issues are no longer
applicable without knowing further details.  In order to consider
your comments effectively, therefore, the TC has asked me to
request that you review the issues you have raised in light of the
NDR checklist used in UBL 1.0 CD (rather than an older version of
the NDR document) and to resubmit those issues together with
specific examples that will enable us to understand them in enough
detail to resolve them.  Tim included a copy of the 1.0 CD
checklist in the message referenced above.

Since we are just a few days away from resolution of the remaining
issues and are striving to complete the CD revision before leaving
for our meeting in Copenhagen, the TC has asked me to request your
clarification of the issues via posting to the UBL TC mail list no
later than this Friday, 23 July.  This will allow us to review
your issues in email in time to finish resolution of 1.0 CD issues
in our Atlantic and Pacific TC meetings 28 and 29 July.

Some other members of the TC will be attempting in the meantime to
review your issues against the 1.0 checklist as well, but we all
consider your input very valuable and want to have the benefit of
clarifications to your earlier comments if it is possible to
receive them in time for consideration during this review cycle.

Best regards,

Jon