ubl message

Subject: UBL for Justice XML

The OASIS Legal XML Integrated Justice Technical Committee plans to submit a proposal at the OASIS April 2005 Spring Symposium.  I am a Legal XML Integrated Justice Technical Committee member and have been requested to liaise with your TC.  This information may be of interest to you, and if you want to participate or help present, please let me know.

Thanks,

Scott Edson
Los Angeles County

Proposal-

Title of Submission: (we will pick one, these are some under consideration)

Leveraging UBL for Developing Justice XML (GJXDM) Reference Documents,

Applying UBL Standards in Building Justice XML (GJXDM) Reference Documents,

 Combining UBL and Justice XML (GJXDM) Methodologies for Integrated Justice,

Type of Submission:

Talk 40 minutes (versus Panel or Tutorial Session)

Select Topic Area:

Domain and Industry-Specific Vocabularies

Audience Level:

Technical or Implementation (other option is Management).  We are leaning towards Implementation as the closest Audience Level fit but Technical could also work.

Brief Submission Description:

UBL and the Global Justice XML Data Model (GJXDM) are both built on the UN/CEFACT Core Components.  What are the similarities and differences between UBL development and schema standards and the Justice XML development methodology?  Are there tangible benefits in utilizing UBL naming standards and methods with respect to interoperability, standardization of Justice XML reference documents and adoption of the Justice XML vocabulary?

Abstract:

This presentation will provide a critical comparison of UBL and Justice XML methods for developing XML schema and instance documents, contrast the two vocabularies approach to developing or extending data objects and summarize advantages and disadvantages of combining a domain specific XML vocabulary with the non-domain specific Universal Business Language methods and naming standards.  Finally, the presentation will summarize the essential components for a XML Reference Document Package to support implementers of Justice XML data and document exchanges.