ubl message

Subject: RE: [ubl] Understanding code list declarations

Will there be a corresponding set of schema expressions with the
end-of-February support package?

This is a good question. Maybe it should be added to the agenda for
discussion on Wednesday. Unfortunately, I will not be available on Wednesday
to participate on the call, but from a FX viewpoint, updated schema can be
generated quickly if there are updated spreadsheets.

Regards,
Sylvia
-----Original Message-----
From: G. Ken Holman [mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2006 7:27 AM
To: Universal Business Language

At 2006-02-10 21:15 -0800, Sylvia Webb wrote:
>IMO, the simple type unconstrained CurrencyCodeType is an error due to
>previously reported missing and inconsistent information in the hand
>crafted spreadsheets for code lists that were imported

Fine ....

>I believe there is an action item to correct the hand crafted
>spreadsheets for the next schema generation.

My processes are all triggered on the schema expressions, so I could change
all references that are to CurrencyCodeType (the simpleType) to be
CurrencyCodeContentType (the complexType) in my local copy of the schema
expressions, but then the work that I produce wouldn't match the working
draft 2.0 schemas that are out there today.

>Once the spreadsheets are accurate, EDIFIX will create the correct data
>models and auto generate the correct CBC schema module with complex
>types for all identified CodeTypes with the corresponding constraints.

Fine .... I do not need *finalized* schemas but are there more up-to-date
draft schemas with which I can do my code list work?  We have been tasked
with producing a new package of support deliverables for the end of
February.  Will there be a corresponding set of schema expressions with the
end-of-February support package?

I am designing my systems so that I can recreate my outputs from any set of
schema expression inputs, be they hand-edited by me to remove the
inconsistencies, or generated by software with the fixes.  I am automating
as much as I can, but the processes need tender ministrations to get from
start to finish.

What should I do for the end of February support package?  My gut feel is to
publish my work *with* the inconsistency since that is consistent with the
schema files that have been published.

I will proceed in this fashion unless people feel strongly otherwise.

Thanks, Sylvia!

--
Upcoming XSLT/XSL-FO hands-on courses: Washington,DC 2006-03-13/17
Male Cancer Awareness Aug'05  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc