ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 5|6 June 2006

MINUTES OF PACIFIC UBL TC MEETING
00:30 - 02:30 UTC TUESDAY 6 JUNE 2006

ATTENDANCE

   Jon Bosak (chair)
   G. Ken Holman
   Tim McGrath (vice chair)
   Andy Schoka

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm

      TM: 15th eBusiness Asia (formerly ebXML Asia) meeting was
      May 29-31 in Tokyo; Ng Chi Yuen (CY) gave a presentation on
      UBL.  The UN/CEFACT Forum scheduled for March 2007 will not
      be held in Cairo; no specific location yet, but somewhere in
      Africa.

      JB: PISCES conference, 4 May?

      TM: We met with this group a couple of years ago (Hong
      Kong).  They have created a complex and sophisticated set of
      documents for real estate based on UBL; due to legislative
      developments in the UK and Europe, this has become quite
      important, and the conference was well attended.  Katherine
      Williams, the technical director, will be contributing to
      the UN/CEFACT context methodology group.  They are keen to
      re-engage with us.

      JB: Symposium on Single Window Standards and
      Interoperability, Geneva (5 May)?

      TM: Only attended the morning of the final day, when the
      reports were given.  "Single window" in this context means
      adding value to existing customs-based interfaces to
      industry, building on the fact that every importer and
      exporter has to deal with customs and layering other
      funtionality on that interface.  The WCO seems to be focused
      on eDocs, in particular UK eDocs, as representing UN/CEFACT.

   Liaison report: UN/CEFACT

      JB: The significant development as far as UBL is concerned
      appears to be presentation of the OASIS/CEFACT agreement in
      the opening plenary; see slide 5 of the presentation at

         http://www.unece.org/cefact/cf_plenary/plenary06/presentations/a3_chair_introduction.ppt

   Subcommittee report: HISC

      GKH: The HISC has suspended meetings till we get more help.
      ABILITIES, a European project based on UBL, has an online
      implementation of UBL 1.0 stylesheets.

   Team report: Code Lists

      GKH: Working on "subsets, extensions, versions, and
      validation."  Making changes to the code list preparation
      phase that will be reflected in version 0.6.

      JB: Have created a default UBL validation package and sent
      it to GKH.  Will create another one after 0.6; AS will help
      with testing.

      JB/GKH: OASIS has been requested to create a new TC to
      standardize genericode.

      ACTION: TM to assume responsibility for generating the
      genericode representations of the UBL 2.0 code lists.

      GKH: Disagree with previous decision that namespaces don't
      change in minor versions. ACTION: GKH to raise this question
      on the ubl mail list.

   Subcommittee report: PSC

      TM: Spoke with PLB and ML on Friday; no call yesterday, but
      PB reports that he has completed the spreadsheet changes and
      loaded them into FX.

      AS: All the spreadsheets?

      TM: Yes, PSC has assumed responsibility for all the
      spreadsheets.  PB can deal directly with GEFEG in Germany;
      we expect something in the next 48 hours.  PB will
      distribute the final spreadsheets, and TM is updating the
      UML diagrams.

   Subcommittee report: TSC

      TM: TSC hasn't met for a couple of weeks.  We received a
      presentation on Korean customs in Brussels; also,
      CrimsonLogic is building a trade exchange marketplace for
      Singapore, and we have discussed how they can extend and
      customize UBL to deliver new customs document types.

SCHEDULE REVIEW

   AGREED that features are now frozen for UBL 2.0.

   AGREED that requests for further development now go onto a list
   of features to be considered for UBL 2.1.

   AGREED that the next public review will take two weeks as
   mandated by the OASIS process and that in accordance with the
   OASIS process it will address only those things that have
   changed or been added since the first public review.

   ACTION: TM to talk to PB about putting the change log into a
   form that will help indicate the differences between this
   review package and the last one.

   JB/TM: We appear to be about two weeks behind schedule at this
   point if we include editorial work that needs to be done.

   AGREED that we will try to make up lost time and keep the OASIS
   ballot in September.

UN/CEFACT COLLABORATION SCHEDULE

   TM: See list of people who have volunteered for UN/UBL
   collaboration:

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200606/msg00002.html

   PB has asked to be added to the TBG1 list.

   AGREED (pending concurrence in the Atlantic TC call) to appoint
   the people named as our representatives to a UBL-UN/CEFACT
   convergence effort, effective a week from Wednesday; TM to send
   an official notice to the UN/CEFACT Bureau.

POSSIBLE ORPHAN COMMENT

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-comment/200501/msg00000.html

   TM: It appears that the comment never got tracked, but we may
   have addressed this problem in another way; need to check with
   ML on this.

   ACTION: JB to send an inquiry to PSC.

ACTION ITEM REVIEW

   ACTION: JB to find meeting facilities in Montreal for August
   meeting.

      JB: The McGill residence facilities have no internet access
      at all.  Now seeing whether we can get sponsorship for
      meeting rooms at the Europa.

   ACTION: JB to fit this into the support package schedule: add
   lines for PSC example instances, TSC example instances, 2.0 SBS
   for transport, UBP 2 for procurement, UBP 2 for transport.

      AGREED to revisit the support schedule in a couple of weeks
      (after we get the second public review underway).

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC