ubl message

Subject: Agenda for Pacific UBL TC call 6|7 August 2007

Western hemisphere participants: note that this meeting takes
place Monday evening in your time zones.

AGENDA FOR PACIFIC UBL TC MEETING
00:30 - 02:30 UTC TUESDAY 7 AUGUST 2007
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=8&day=7&year=2007&hour=0&min=30&sec=0

   STANDING INFORMATION FOR UBL CONFERENCE CALLS
   U.S. domestic toll-free number: (866)839-8145
   Int. access/caller paid number: (865)524-6352
   Access code: 5705229
   PHONE CONTROLS: *6 to mute, *7 to unmute

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/calendar.htm
   Liaison reports
   Subcommittee report: PSC
   Subcommittee report: TSC
   Review of Atlantic call (18 July)
   Support page submissions
      No submissions this week

ITALIAN AND SPANISH IDD

   It's not clear to me quite where we are with these.  We were
   about ready to sign off:

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200707/msg00008.html

   But then two further errors were found:

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200707/msg00015.html

   The Italian IDD was revised, and (I assume) contains
   corrections for these two errors:

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200707/msg00024.html

   But then a pile of other typos were discovered in an analysis
   based on the genericode representations:

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200707/msg00026.html

   So I think we're waiting (in the middle of summer vacations)
   for an update to both the Spanish and the Italian IDD
   spreadsheets.  Someone please correct me if I've gotten this
   wrong.

UBL TC MEETING IN STOCKHOLM 24-28 SEPTEMBER 2007

   See

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200706/msg00000.html

   Members planning to attend should contact TM per the message
   above in order to register with UN/CEFACT.

   Attendance so far: see

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200707/msg00035.html

   Agenda so far (note that the TC will be meeting in plenary all
   day Monday):

      Calculation models (GKH)
      Customization

PACIFIC ACTION ITEMS FROM MANHATTAN

   Note that the action items from Manhattan have been divided up
   between Pacific and Atlantic calls.

   ACTION: PSC and TSC to provide feedback on UBL 2.0 SBS 2.0:

      http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/23873

      Pending.

   ACTION: PSC and TSC to summarize business rules that are (1)
   wanted in UBL but not allowed by [i.e., capable of being
   addressed by] the NDR (e.g., requirement to include one of
   PartyName and PartyIdentifier but not both) and (2) data items
   whose constraints are inherited from another standard (e.g.,
   lengths of data items specified by UNTDED); the rules so
   identified to become candidates for a list of schematron
   assertions "recommended to be included" (final characterization
   TBD).

      Pending.

TRACKING ITEM

   We need a decision from the OASIS CLR TC regarding the transfer
   of the code list methodology out of the UBL TC before we can
   begin issuing code list support updates.

2008 MEETING SCHEDULE

   From Atlantic call minutes of 18 July:

      Initial thoughts about the 2008 TC meeting schedule:

         January 2008 in Manhattan

         April 2008 in Europe [or technical interim meeting in
         Ithaca]

         August 2008 in Montréal (JB and MC are really quite firm
         about this one)

OTHER BUSINESS

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC