OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

ubl message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 04 November 2015 14:00UTC

Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 04 November 2015 14:00UTC


Atlantic teleconference:

  Oriol Bausa
  Kenneth Bengtsson
  Kees Duvekot
  G. Ken Holman (convener)
  Ole Madsen

Pacific teleconference attendance:

  G. Ken Holman (convener)
  Tim McGrath
  Andy Schoka


   Additions to events calendar: http://ubl.xml.org/events
     - no new events to add at this time

   Review of Pacific call minutes

   Review of Atlantic call minutes

   Membership status review

    - voting status is determined by the following:
      - existing voting members must not miss two consecutive meetings to
        maintain voting status
      - non-voting members must attend two consecutive meetings to obtain
        voting status
    - committee officers (alphabetical):
      - Jon Bosak (secretary)
      - G. Ken Holman (co-chair)
      - Tim McGrath (co-chair)
    - current voting member list (alphabetical):
      - Oriol Bausa
      - Kenneth Bengtsson
      - Kees Duvekot
      - G. Ken Holman
      - Ole Madsen
      - Tim McGrath
      - Andy Schoka

ISO/IEC FDIS 19845 Universal Business Language Version 2.1 (UBL v2.1)

 - FDIS ballot now completed ... status remains at "50.60 (Close of
   voting. Proof returned by secretariat)" as of 2015-06-24 ... awaiting
   distribution of results:
 - regarding citing the work, any discussion regarding what we discussed
   last meeting using the following for a version specific reference:

    OASIS Universal Business Language (UBL) v2.1 (ISO/IEC 19845)

 - the following would be used for a general reference:

    OASIS UBL (ISO/IEC 19845)

 - ACTION: all members please review the brand new list on our (under-used)
   wiki of where to send notifications of UBL 2.1 becoming ISO/IEC 19845
   (sign in with your regular OASIS member credentials):


UBL 2.2

 - in our governance document we posited that UBL would be revised on a
   three-year basis:
 - to meet this, we have to have all of the changes in by January 2016
 - all members are reminded to contact those
needing additions to UBL to review
   the governance document and get the discussion started for including any
   changes, as additions submitted in January
2016 likely will not have time to
   be discussed before we have to cut off accepting them
   - users of the common library are encouraged to review the governance
     document and to consider submitting their suggestions for consideration
     by the committee in a future revision
 - UBL Pre-award is preparing a submission for November 25 for UBL TC to
   consider for UBL 2.2
 - Andy will contact TC204 to remind them of the upcoming deadline
 - Oriol has contacted CEN/BII to remind them of the upcoming deadline and
   the following responses were received from Georg Birgisson in Iceland
   (and copied here with permission) in which he recommends that the UBL TC
   reconsider the 3-year-periodic-release time-line outlined in the governance

At 2015-10-30 12:55 +0000, Georg Birgisson wrote:
>Regarding dates. BII3 may have some gaps for different documents but,
>as regards the invoice document, BII3 has decided to align with the EU
>invoice Norm data model. The draft norm is to a large extend based on
>the BII2 requirements but the initiative on the invoice now lies with
>PC434 which is the committee that is responsible for developing the EU
>PC434 is in the process of initating a public review of the draft norm.
>The draft is still being translated and the formal public review has
>not been started but is expected to start in November. There is a three
>month comment period which will then end somwhere around February.
>There is significant interest in this standards across Europe so we expect
many comments.
>Therefore it is expected that it will take some months to work through
>received comments. It is therefor expected that the final content of
>the EU norm for an electronic invoice will not be known until early fall
next year.
>As regards the invoice it may be inconvenient for UBL to set a deadline
>for input into a new version, 2.2, in January since it may make it
>difficult for UBL to adopt possible additional requirements resulting
>from the EU norm later in the same year. EU directive 2014/55 mandates
>all public authorities in Europe to support this invoicng norm within a
>few years. I think it is very important that there will be no doupt
>that the UBL invoice completely supports all requirements expressed in
>the EU norm. Therefor I suggest that UBL reviews the timeline with this in
>Midran ehf., Georg Birgisson

At 2015-10-30 15:51 +0000, Georg Birgisson wrote:
>For planning purposes it may also be useful for you to have the full
>timeline of the EU norm. The directive can be found here

>and the timline is in article 11. Translating it into dates gives the
>01. mar 2017 Deadline for official publication of EU norm (this deadline is
>in the standardization request to PC434)
>27. nov 2018 EU countries must have legalized support for the EU norm.
>27. may 2020 Central governments of EU countries must support invoices based
>on the EU norm.
>27. nov 2022 Sub central contracting authorities must also support, meaning
>down to lowest level of government.
>It is expected that many countries, specially in northern Europe, will move
>much faster than this with implementing support for the norm since many of
>them have already legalized use of electronic invoices in public
>procurement. The directive mandates that the norm is implemented with
>support for a short list of syntax and it seems certain that UBL will be on
>that list as well as UN/CEFACT CII. The jury is still out for EDIFACT. PC434
>will deliver a normative syntax mapping to the UBL 2.1 invoice. Implementing
>another version would then require an update to the normative syntax mapping
>which is not a simple thing to do and would probably only be done if there
>is significant benefit. Nevertheless it may be better for UBL to be prepared
>with an updated version, in case 2.1 lacks sufficient support for parts of
>the norm, as soon as possible because it will be even more difficult to
>change syntax versions later in the process. 2019 will most likely be too
>In my opinion, if there will be any gaps they are most likely to be in the
>handling of taxation.
>Midran ehf., Georg Birgisson

 - Ken noted that the pre-award committee is beginning model change proposals
   in preparation for January 2016
 - question for the committee to consider: do we wait another six months to
   see if further requirements are submitted to the committee?
 - PC440 will start their work in January and so will not be ready
 - it was noted that six months may not be enough time to get complete
 - discussed that we really need a deadline to push for requirements, and that
   our January deadline has been well publicized and so is still important
 - AGREED - we will continue to accept preliminary requirements for January
   2016 as scheduled and then review the progress made by other candidate
   submitters regarding when their requirements will be available

UBL Naming and Design Rules Version 3.0

 - history:
   - public review ended April 15, 2015
   - formal comments received:
   - Ken has posted a second draft of the disposition document
     (this needs to be updated if we accept the split of the document)
 - current:
   - Ken has prototyped the split of the NDR into two documents, one a
     committee specification and the other a committee note:
   - Tim's and Andy's comments for the
specification are now in Ken's hands for
     incorporation into the next version of the document
   - comments for the committee note are still in the works

JIRA tickets
(note that the view can
   be changed using the box icon at top right; the list view provides the most
   summary information, without the detail view obscuring the screen space)
   - when creating tickets, remember to distinguish the following components
     by how they are described to be used as categories:

UBL TC next steps

  - what promotional issues need to be addressed?
  - do we need a travelling road show along the lines of UBL International?


 Next meetings:

   2015-11-11 Pacific 01:00UTC/20:00EST, Atlantic 14:00UTC/15:00CET/09:00EST
   2015-11-18 Pacific 01:00UTC/20:00EST, Atlantic 14:00UTC/15:00CET/09:00EST
   2015-11-25 Pacific 01:00UTC/20:00EST, Atlantic 14:00UTC/15:00CET/09:00EST

 Will anyone be requesting a leave of absence in the near future?  For
 privacy reasons, this discussion will be kept off of the minutes.

 TC calendar:

 TC calendar iCal subscription link:


 - Ken is participating in the UN/CEFACT project for the update of Rec. 1
   on UN Layout Key for Trade Documents:


   - Ken is representing Canada on the committee, but the plan is to also
     assess how the UBL Human Interface Subcommittee might incorporate
     any work products that are relevant to layout output and forms input

Check our site for free XML, XSLT, XSL-FO and UBL developer resources |
Free 5-hour lecture:  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/video.htm |
Crane Softwrights Ltd.             http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/ |
G. Ken Holman                    mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com |
Google+ profile:       http://plus.google.com/+GKenHolman-Crane/about |
Legal business disclaimers:     http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal |

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]