OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

ubl message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 29 January 2020 15:00UTC - Voting Meeting

Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 29 January 2020 15:00UTC


Atlantic: 09:00MSP/10:00Lima/10:00Ottawa/15:00UTC/16:00Europe




Kenneth Bengtsson (convener)

Erlend Klakegg Bergheim

Peter Borresen

Andrea Caccia

Ger Clancy

Kees Duvekot

Yves Jordan

Natalie Muric


Pacific call:


Todd Albers

Kenneth Bengtsson (convener)

Ken Holman

Levine Naidoo


Referencing the specification


One of the following should be used as a specific citation:

-  OASIS Universal Business Language (UBL) v2.2

-  OASIS Universal Business Language (UBL) v2.1 (ISO/IEC 19845:2015)

The following would be used for a general (any version) citation:

-  OASIS UBL (ISO/IEC 19845)

The canonical 2.2 documents are available in the OASIS repository:

-  http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.2/

The canonical 2.1 documents are available in the OASIS repository:

-  http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.1/

The ISO/IEC catalogue entry for UBL 2.1 is found at:

-  http://www.iso.org/iso/catalogue_detail.htm/?csnumber=66370

The ISO/IEC document and attachments for UBL 2.1 are found at:

-  http://standards.iso.org/ittf/PubliclyAvailableStandards/


Standing items


Additions to events calendar - http://ubl.xml.org/events



Review of Pacific call minutes



Review of Atlantic call minutes



Membership status review



New member orientation information:



Voting status is determined by the following:

-  existing voting members must not miss two consecutive meetings to maintain voting status

-  non-voting members must attend two consecutive meetings to obtain voting status

-  members formally on leave by prior request must not attend and their voting status is not impacted


Current UBL TC voting member list (alphabetical):


-  Todd Albers

o  Member ASC X9 AB, Member ISO 20022 Payment SEG, Member W3C Web Payments Interest Group, Business Payments Coalition

-  Kenneth Bengtsson

o  Chair OASIS BDXR, Observer OASIS ebXML, DK Expert UN/CEFACT

-  Erlend Klakegg Bergheim

o Member OASIS BDXR, Member OASIS ebXML Core & MS, Member CEN/TC434/WS8

-  Peter Borresen

o  DK Member CEN/TC440, Convenor CEN/TC440/WG7

-  Andrea Caccia

o Chair CEN/TC 434, Member ETSI/ESI TC, IT Expert UN/CEFACT

-  Kees Duvekot

o Member OASIS BDXR, Member of the StandaardisatieÂplatform e-factureren

-  Cecile Guasch

o Member CEN/TC440, Convenor CEN/TC440/WG1, Convenor CEN/TC440/WG2, European Commission liaison (DIGIT Interoperability Unit)

-  Philip Helger


-  G. Ken Holman


-  Yves Jordan

-  Natalie Muric

-  Levine Naidoo

o Member OASIS BDXR, Observer OASIS ebXML


UBL 2.3


ISO submission


Editors and subcommittee chairs need to familiarize themselves with ISO/IEC Directives Part 2 in order to produce content that is compliant with ISO requirements:



ISO requirements being discussed here: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-240


UBL 2.3 Second Public Review


A new committee specification draft has been prepared for public review: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=66608. This draft should include all resolutions for comments received during the first public review as well as all other changes discussed between then and now with the exception of the Proof of Re-exportation Reminder document (agreed in PRD01-26) and other transportation documents still being worked on.


Does the OASIS UBL TC approve Universal Business Language Version (UBL) Version 2.3 contained in https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=66608 as a Committee Specification Draft and further approve releasing the approved Draft for a 15 day public review, subject to any editorial changes necessary for the publication?


Ken made the motion. Seconded by Todd. Approved by all voting members attending the Pacific and Atlantic calls.


Tools for producing UBL artefacts


Ken asked about the status of the tooling for producing the committee deliverables. It was previously agreed that the new set of tools should be used in parallel with producing the UBL 2.3 artefacts so as to compare the output.

-  Erlend will produce a set of artefacts based on the new tools, so that the result can be compared with the CSPRD02 package.


Tools used for CSPRD02 published here: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=66612


UBL Payments and Finance Subcommittee (PayFin)


Next subcommittee meeting scheduled for February 7 at 10 AM MSP (16:00 UTC). Todd will send invite to the SC mailing list.


UBL Post-award




UBL Pre-award




UBL Transportation Subcommittee (TSC)


TSC will have their regular SC meeting tomorrow Thursday. Peter will send an invite to the SC mailing list.


UBL Naming and Design Rules Subcommittee (NDRSC)


Alternative serialization for JSON alternative serialization, see https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201912/msg00019.html and https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-273. Agreed to arrange a March teleconference to discuss the details.


Formation of new Business Master Data Subcommittee


First draft of a charter for a Business Master Data Subcommittee posted here: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-pre-award/202001/msg00000.html


Any comments or suggestions for the subcommittee charter?

-  Should we include a definition of âmaster dataâ in the statement of purpose?


Candidate(s) for subcommittee chair(s)?


TC Liaisons


ISO TC 204/WG7


Agreed at the September 11, 2019 TC conference call to seek a formal liaison with ISO TC 204/WG7 specifically for collaborating on the new ISO 24533 specification.


We need to appoint a liaison, preferably someone who is a member of both groups. See also: https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/liaison#liaisons


CEN TC 434


Agreed at the Copenhagen face-to-face meeting that the UBL TC is open to establish a formal liaison with CEN TC 434 to create a European or international standard for electronic invoicing, if there is an interest from the CEN TC.


Andrea will keep the UBL TC informed of any progress.




ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 32/WG 1 is open to establish a formal liaison. Ken and Andrea participated in the last WG 1 meeting. Andrea will post a progress report.


JIRA tickets


Available filters:

-  Discuss: https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?filter=15172

-  UBL 2.x: https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?filter=12972

-  BDNDR: https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?filter=13472

-  All UBL: https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?filter=11670

-  TCAdmin: https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?filter=13070


When creating tickets, remember to distinguish the following components by how they are described to be used as categories:


If you leave the "Component/s" field empty, the ticket will not show up in the summary filter.


Members please note to discuss ticket issues as comments to the ticket so that we can audit the discussion when making decisions about the ticket, without having to find the discussion on the main mail list.


JIRA status and resolution value definitions

Necessary to review the definitions of ticket status and resolution in JIRA to align with the values that currently can be assigned.


Our current definitions are:


-  NEW: the issue has been created but not yet agreed to be in consideration or not for the development distribution

o  in order for the issue to become active work for the committee the new ticket must be changed to OPEN or it will not be seen in the "to do" filter

o  the other option on a new ticket is to change it to DEFERRED

o  please remember to look at the open filter to ensure visibility: https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?filter=12972

-  OPEN: the issue is in consideration for the development distribution

o  keep the issue OPEN when assigning to Ken for incorporation

o  please remember to add a comment regarding expectations whenever you assign an OPEN ticket to another person for any action

-  RESOLVED + Incomplete: the issue has been decided but not yet in test

-  RESOLVED + Applied: the issue is incorporated in test but not released

-  RESOLVED + Fixed: the issue is incorporated in a working draft version

-  RESOLVED + Later: the issue is still up for discussion for a future minor revision but not the current development

-  RESOLVED + No Action: considered as no action for any distribution

-  RESOLVED + Cannot Reproduce: considered as no action for distribution

-  APPLIED + Fixed: the issue is included in a public review (record the availability of the disposition once review opened)

-  DEFERRED: the issue is not in consideration for any minor revision

o  please remember to use this when creating new tickets for backwards-incompatible changes

-  See also the discussion on the status workflows here: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201709/msg00000.html


Subcommittee conference calls


-  Transportation Subcommittee will be meeting on Thursday every week at 14:00UTC (will be using Peter's GotoMeeting facility)

-  Pre-award Subcommittee will be on hold until after the end of PRD02, unless there is a request for a meeting.

-  Other subcommittees will be meeting on an as-required basis




Face-to-face meeting(s) in 2020?


Possibility in Napa Valley in May 2020. Peter will contact Bob to see if invitation stands for May 11-15 in Napa Valley.


Possibly back-to-back with Exchange Summit Americas and IBM Think! Conferences (both held same week).


Should we have a face-to-face meeting in Europe? For example, September 21 to 25 (week before Exchange Summit Zurich). Possibility at the University of Paris (Peter to check).


TC conference call schedule


Call schedule



-  Pacific: 19:00MSP/20:00Lima/20:00Ottawa/01:00UTC/12:00Sydney

-  Atlantic: 09:00MSP/10:00Lima/10:00Ottawa/15:00UTC/16:00Europe


-  Pacific: 19:00MSP/20:00Lima/20:00Ottawa/01:00UTC/12:00Sydney

-  Atlantic: 09:00MSP/10:00Lima/10:00Ottawa/15:00UTC/16:00Europe


-  Pacific: 19:00MSP/20:00Lima/20:00Ottawa/01:00UTC/12:00Sydney

-  Atlantic: 09:00MSP/10:00Lima/10:00Ottawa/15:00UTC/16:00Europe


-  Pacific: 19:00MSP/20:00Lima/20:00Ottawa/01:00UTC/12:00Sydney

-  Atlantic: 09:00MSP/10:00Lima/10:00Ottawa/15:00UTC/16:00Europe


-  Pacific: 19:00MSP/20:00Lima/20:00Ottawa/01:00UTC/12:00Sydney

-  Atlantic: 09:00MSP/10:00Lima/10:00Ottawa/15:00UTC/16:00Europe


Outline of teleconference times for 2020


See: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201912/msg00006.html


TC calendar




iCal subscription link: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup_feeds/ical/my_vcalendar.ics?token=fa658a7994a6cefb10c10be09e139af3&workgroup_id=50


Will anyone be requesting a leave of absence in the near future? For privacy reasons, this discussion will be kept off of the minutes.


Other business




[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]