uddi-dev message

Subject: RE: [uddi-dev] tModel Definition

Hi Clayton,

As per the specification, keyNames are not significant in find_xx API calls.

What you would need to do in this case is to define a category system tModel whose valid values are concatenations of the specification name and the specification version, e.g. "cxoAccount 1.3.0".

If you actually have independent categories that you would like to combine, you would need to use the concept of category group system tModels in UDDI Version 3. Two examples are given in Appendix F (see http://uddi.org/pubs/uddi-v3.0.2-20041019.htm#_Toc85908416). In order to use wildcards, you would need to parameterize the find_xx API call with the approximateMatch findQualifier as described in http://uddi.org/pubs/uddi-v3.0.2-20041019.htm#_Toc85908082.

In order to find all tModels that are categorized with specification "cxoAccount" and one of the "1.3" versions, you would then use the following find_xx API call:

<find_tModel>
    <findQualifiers>
        <findQualifier>approximateMatch</findQualifier>
    </findQualifiers>
    <categoryBag>
        <keyedReferenceGroup tModelKey="uddi:cxodesign.net:specificationversion">
            <keyedReference
                tModelKey="uddi:cxodesign.net:specification"
                keyValue="cxoAccount"/>
            <keyedReference
                tModelKey="uddi:cxodesign.net:version"
                keyValue="1.3.?"/>