uddi-dev message

Subject: RE: [uddi-dev] Publisher assertion in UDDI

Mahantesh,

The concept of identity you are referring to is described in the canonical UDDI Relationships System (see http://uddi.org/pubs/uddi-v3.0.2-20041019.htm#_Toc85908320). What this means may differ for different contexts and is a logical decision, not a technical. Thus, two separate businessEntity publications can certainly have a relationship that is typed as "identity". No contextual checks are performed.

Claus von Riegen, SAP AG

-----Original Message-----
From: Mahantesh [mailto:mahan@cs.mun.ca]
Sent: Mittwoch, 2. März 2005 21:15
To: uddi-dev@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [uddi-dev] Publisher assertion in UDDI

Hi,
  I have gone through UDDI V3 spec. In publisher assertion, identity
relationship is defined as the business entity pointed to by tokey and
fromkey is same business.
 My question: Does it mean that entity pointed to by tokey and fromkey are
exact replica of each other or they just belong to same organization but
have different services and binding template.
--
Mahantesh Surgihalli