Subject: Re: [uddi-spec] WSDL TN: Claus's Issues

Sorry that I am a bit late. I'd like to re-iterate my concern:
7) Reduce the complexity in UDDIv2-UDDIv3 migration (that is created by
the differences in WSDL-UDDIv2 mapping and  WSDL-UDDIv3 mapping).

It'd be great if the WSDL-UDDIv2 mapping is strict subset of the
WSDL-UDDIv3 mapping, in other words, the WSDL-UDDIv3 mapping is backward
compatible with WSDL-UDDIv2 mapping.

Details:
The WSDL artifacts that have different mappings for UDDIv2 case and
UDDIv3 cases are:
·    The URL of the WSDL doc that contains the wsdl:port
      (instanceParms for v2 vs accessPoint with useType="wsdlDeployemnt"
for v3)
·    The wsdl:port local name
      (instanceParms for v2 vs bindingTemplate/categoryBag for v3)

The concerns are:
1. primarily on the migration from UDDIv2 to UDDIv3, from both the
perspective of tooling and the perspective of registry data migration;
2. to a lesser extent, ease of understanding / avoiding confusion for
the community (so that to encourage the adoption).

This issue is orthogonal to the rest of the issues, but it can provide a
guidance/consideration in decididing the solution for the other issues.

- sam