voting message

Subject: Information from an OASIS Board Candidate

Voting Reps,

As a service to our candidates and voting reps, OASIS forwards candidate provided information to you, at their request.  This is the sixth such message you have received thus far, during the course of balloting.

We will forward any other information provided as soon as practical.  The OASIS balloting process for Board elections provides you the opportunity to change your ballot up to the close of balloting.

Scott McGrath

Director Member Services

Dear OASIS Voting Representative:

 I seek your vote for re-election to the Board of Directors of OASIS so that I may continue to help OASIS lead in establishing XML and Web services standards.

If re-elected to the Board, I will work to achieve the following goals:

a) establishing a uniform way for OASIS to charter Technical Committees that allow for Members to make Royalty Free Contributions. I have been Chair of the Board IP Subcommittee since January. I am pleased with the work we have done so far in balancing the wishes of the Members while respecting the rights of the IP owners.

b) creation of OASIS Symposia.  Each semi-annual Symposium would provide us with a platform where Members would share their ideas in a TAB-selected emerging technology area. The desired outcome would be OASIS Technical Committees focused in new areas, with some pre-built momentum and greater alignment demonstrating the leadership and vitality of OASIS' Members.

c) opportunities where vertical industry consortia would

bring their domain expertise to OASIS to develop industry specific Web services standards.

d) expansion into new geographies by establishing an international presence in Asia.

Thanks for your consideration,

Michael Weiner

IBM Corporation

IBM Corporation