voting message

Subject: OASIS Board of Directors Election - reminder & Frederick Hirsch support request

Dear OASIS members,

I would like to remind you to please vote in this OASIS Board election and to remind you that I am running for re-election.

Currently I am serving on the OASIS Board of Directors as Treasurer and Chair of the Board Finance and Audit Advisory Committee as well as Chairing the Board Governance and IPR Advisory Committee.

The Finance work includes reviewing OASIS Finances on a monthly basis and reviewing the annual finances to keep the organization on a sound footing as well as to understand the relationship of the finances to the strategy and direction. If you are interested you can learn more in the Annual General Meeting (AGM) presentation which we recorded, and the related materials [1],[2],[3].

Our work in the Governance Committee varies but we have discussed issues related to open source license modes and copyright, for example, resulting in more options for the members. We are also currently reviewing the OASIS Bylaws for correctness, completeness, clarify and alignment with the law. We plan to have a revised draft to share for your review and consideration later this year.

Chairing is a continuous commitment and if you read my statement one of my themes has been continuity and positive governance for the organization. I would appreciate your vote so that I am able to continue serving the OASIS membership.

You can access the Board Ballot at the following URL:
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/ballot.php?id=3504

My full statement and biography are available at the following URL:
https://www.oasis-open.org/private/elections/2020board/hirsch.php

I would like to take a moment to thank the OASIS staff for all their hard work, which isnât always visible, and also thank you for making OASIS continue to be an exciting organization to do productive work.

I appreciate your consideration, would like to remind you to take a moment to vote, and consider voting for me.

Thank you

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
OASIS Board of Directors