Subject: Re: Nonmembers at meetings

Jon wrote:
| | The X Committee adopts as a Standing Rule that OASIS members and
| | employees of OASIS member organizations who have subscribed to the
| | e-mail discussion list, but are not members of the Committee
| | {shall | shall not} be invited by the Chair to attend {all
| | meetings by telephone | all physical meetings | both | neither},
| | except as conditions may require in the Chair's judgement.
|
| Good, but I would substitute "the Committee" for "the X Committee"
| (one less blank to fill in)

good.

| and change the options so that they
| all scan when chosen individually ("both" and "neither" don't).

"both all meetings by telephone and all physical meetings" and
"neither meetings by telephone nor physical meetings" is what
I had in mind.  The wording choices should not be interrelated;
I was just saving time.  Two other possibilities could be added
(phone but not physical, physical but not phone).

| I think that there should be a section in the committee manual
| containing boilerplate for standing orders of this kind.

Absolutely.  We should make a list.  The other thing that comes
to mind is setting the schedule of teleconferences, as we've done.

regards, Terry