Subject: PAC: VOTE: Language for CS 3-5

To: workprocess@lists.oasis-open.org

In discussions held 2000.04.13, we worked out consensus positions
on CS 3-5.  About a week ago I proposed the language that follows
as descriptive of our conclusions, invited friendly amendments,
and noted that we intended to vote on these items by mail the week
of 05.08-12.  I am now at the very end of that period and (having
received no substantial disagreement) am putting this language to
a vote.  YES or NO please on all three questions -- individually
or collectively, your choice -- on or before Saturday, 20 May
2000.

Jon

   CS 3. Individuals vs. organizations

	 The voting members of TCs should be the individuals doing
	 the work rather than the organizations funding the work.
	 Every member of the TC has a single vote.  Organizations
	 do not vote in TCs.

   CS 4. Voters vs. observers

	 (Upon consideration, we see no reason to change the
	 default procedures regulating the rights and behavior of
	 observers specified in Robert's.)

   CS 5. Public vs. private

	 All OASIS TC mail lists should be open to public
	 inspection unless closed to public view for
	 administrative reasons by action of the board of
	 directors.  All OASIS mail lists should be archived.