Subject: Re: PAC: VOTE: Language for CS 3-5

On 17 May 2000, at 14:03, Jon Bosak wrote:

>    CS 3. Individuals vs. organizations
>
> 	 The voting members of TCs should be the individuals doing
> 	 the work rather than the organizations funding the work.
> 	 Every member of the TC has a single vote.  Organizations
> 	 do not vote in TCs.

Agreed.

>    CS 4. Voters vs. observers
>
> 	 (Upon consideration, we see no reason to change the
> 	 default procedures regulating the rights and behavior of
> 	 observers specified in Robert's.)

As Ken said, maybe we should cite the passage in Robert's that
defines this.

>    CS 5. Public vs. private
>
> 	 All OASIS TC mail lists should be open to public
> 	 inspection unless closed to public view for
> 	 administrative reasons by action of the board of
> 	 directors.  All OASIS mail lists should be archived.

Is it allowed to make a friendly amendment at this stage? If so, I
move we delete the words "for administrative reasons" as that
might be too restrictive. If it's too late for this comment, I will vote
yes anyway.

Lauren