Subject: Re: [ws-caf] WS-Addressing to W3C

Well, there are certainly differences: WS-Addressing was developed earlier in the evolution of the web services model and doesn't reflect forward developments, especially as related to WSDL. One extension beyond base addressing inWS-MD is the specification of the callback pattern that is ubiquitous in WS-CAF (and WS-C/T for that matter); another difference: WS-Addressing has "ReferenceProperties" that are targeted at modeling so-called "stateful web services". These are differences the community might want to consider, though I doubt this is the best forum.

Greg

Jim Webber wrote:
Hey WS-CAF-ers:

[a little off topic, relating to Mark's earlier post]

Jeff's on holiday at the moment, but I'm sure the intent is
that we try to merge the two sets of requirements into one
agreed standard.

Is there really value in this approach? Is there something that can be
expressed in WS-MD that cannot be expressed in WS-Addressing or
vice-versa. Perhaps it could be the case that the community could settle
on one of the specs now that they are both royalty free etc.

That being said the WS-CAF work could now choose to adopt either
WS-Addressing or WS-MessageDelivery fairly safely.

Jim
--
http://jim.webber.name