Subject: Re: OASIS/iCal collab & WS-Calendar charter.

Thanks.  I sure don't see any problems with that.  The TC members,
Dave included, are in a better position than I to know -- and refine
the references to the specific works in the final motion the TC may
wish to approve.

A caution:  the colored text in Dave's message may not survive all
e-mail readers & the archive. So, in the appended plain text copy
below, I have [bracketed] his proposed changes for readability.
Regards  Jamie

~ James Bryce Clark
~ General Counsel, OASIS
~ http://www.oasis-open.org/who/staff.php#clark

www.identi.ca/JamieXML
www.twitter.com/JamieXML
http://t.sina.cn/jamiexml
http://facebook.com/oasis.open

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 10:06 AM, Dave Thewlis
<Dave.Thewlis@calconnect.org> wrote:
> Looks like something got dropped or morphed inadvertently in the rework.
>  Here is what it says now (with changes accepted) in blue:
>
> "A list of deliverables, with projected completion dates
> "The committee will deliver a standard schema and semantics for schedule and
> interval information for use in other web services. The schema and semantics
> will interoperate with  the existing iCalendar XML specification and offer
> some or all of the functionality of that specification. It is the goal of
> the committee and CalConnect to arrange for cross-contributions
> of improvements, errata and elaborations to the schema to and from the
> iCalendar XML working group and to co-publish and maintain consistent
> versions of the final schema in parallel with CalConnect."
>
> My understanding is that the goal of arranging cross contributions and
> maintaining consistent versions is to apply not only to the schema but in
> particular to the contributions of CalWS-REST and CalWS-SOAP as referenced
> (as inputs) earlier in the document.  (II think the flurry of discussion
> about schemas may have diverted things unintentionally).
> Also it might be clearer if "iCalendar XML working group" is changed to
> "CalConnect XML working group" (or technical committee which is what we call
> them).
>
> Suggested changes:

[bracket annotations added by Jamie]