Subject: Persistent urls for documents

All,

I need a persistent url for the issue list for our TC, and ideally any document uploaded to the document store. The problem is that without a persistent url the old links will remain in email archives etc. and people will not get the current issues list (or other document). This problem gets worse in that I have uploaded schemas and xsl that format that list. Those will change less often but without persistent urls for those I have a lot more work to do to update the issue list.

For example a url composed of the TC name, the folder in the document store and the name of the file. Like this:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/Issues/ReliableMessagingIssues.xml

Currently with each revision of the file I get a new url, like these:

Rev 1 http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/download.php/13697/ReliableMessagingIssues.xml

Rev 2 http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/download.php/13598/ReliableMessagingIssues.xml

The scheme is fine if I had a persistent url like the one above that simply pointed to the most recent.

Please let me know if anything can be done about this or not.

Regards,

Marc g