Subject: RE: Persistent urls for documents

Please note that I offered an ask that would work with a modification to Kavi that should be a simple change, the system already has all the parameters it needs to establish a persistent uri that points to the latest generated uri it currently uses. Answers to your questions below.

From: James Bryce Clark [mailto:jamie.clark@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 3:59 PM
To: Marc Goodner
Cc: scott.mcgrath@oasis-open.org; ws-rx-editors@lists.oasis-open.org; Chris Kurt; rob.figenbaum@oasis-open.org

    Hi Marc.   Sorry, a few quick questions to get the scope of this --
    -- I assume "persistent" means "a single URI / set of URIs that do not change, and where new version can be loaded to supercede old ones. "

<mag>Yes</mag>

    -- We can create that now on [docs.oasis-open.org} but haven't to date opened non-staff access to FTP up there.  What kind of write access is expected for this doc / these files?

<mag>We’ll the editors will need to update them periodically, depends on the doc type. For the issue list it gets updated at least once a week, meeting minutes might actually get updated two or three times in a single week and then no more.</mag>

    -- Any other functional issues?  E.g., is this something where we need to archive a v1 when you upload v2 over it?

<mag>That would be ideal.

    -- Given some transforms, we're probably talking about several files on a stable common branch?  Like, ... docs.oasis-open.org/committees/ws-rx/whatever/1.xml, .../whatever/2.xslt, ...etc.?

<mag>Yeah with some getting updated more than others, i.e. the schema and xsl is relatively stable only changing as TC process evolves, others like the issue list that depends on these files getting updated after every meeting</mag>

    Ultimately our tech staff will need to answer, but I thought it might be helpful to get the parameters.  Thanks JBC